Join for free
Page 11 of 17 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 09:09 AM

Re: Hernia

When I had my hernia done, I was up and about almost immediately. But I was told not to ride my bikes for at least 6 weeks. Yea right.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
When I had my hernia done, I was up and about almost immediately. But I was told not to ride my bikes for at least 6 weeks. Yea right.
That was my experience too, it was day surgery so you have to be out by the evening anyway.

As I recall the operation was about 9am and I was home by about 2pm. Most of the time was recovering from the anesthetic and being checked that I had recovered from it - ie sitting in the very comfortable recovery lounge with a nurse coming in occasionally to ask how I felt - finally a doctor came in shone a torch into my eyes and said I could go home.

They wouldn't let me go home by taxi I had to get someone to pick me up which was very irritating.

It really was a nothing operation, even the keyhole wounds didn't hurt by the next day.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Nothing, Floydy. I believe Caricature was trying to make me feel guilty about saying I would not go to america - it didn't work - so let's go back to your hernia.

How are you feeling today?
sH!T.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 04:24 PM

Floydy. Get in touch with your consultants secretary and let them know you are having more trouble. It does make a difference.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Floydy. Get in touch with your consultants secretary and let them know you are having more trouble. It does make a difference.
I'll be doing this on Monday, Kazz. I tried today but they were not available. I'm a lot worse today btw as the lump isn't going back in its socket anymore, though apparently that is moaning and not a worry as one saddo mentioned on here earlier.
I'm quitting talking about this problem from now on as some folk on here think I'm whingeing too much.
Best if I keep it to myself then. If it gets strangulated apparently I should take it in my stride and man up, sod the danger!

Social media isn't exactly very social when others don't want you to talk about anything is it? Hence what I said earlier about your true friends are those who are willing to listen in real life.
Kazz, your post and most others are much appreciated but I think it's best to keep this issue to myself from now on.
This place really sucks now.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'll be doing this on Monday, Kazz. I tried today but they were not available. I'm a lot worse today btw as the lump isn't going back in its socket anymore, though apparently that is moaning and not a worry as one saddo mentioned on here earlier.
I'm quitting talking about this problem from now on as some folk on here think I'm whingeing too much.
Best if I keep it to myself then. If it gets strangulated apparently I should take it in my stride and man up, sod the danger!

Social media isn't exactly very social when others don't want you to talk about anything is it? Hence what I said earlier about your true friends are those who are willing to listen in real life.
Kazz, your post and most others are much appreciated but I think it's best to keep this issue to myself from now on.
This place really sucks now.
No it doesn't. Most people on here are very sympathetic with your horrible problem right now. Don't let a couple of negative posts get to you, remember all the positive posts that your friends here have posted. For the most part our 'family' here has been very supportive, remember that brother.

I'm not quite sure why people don't just scroll on by if they don't like what they see.

Don't let anyone drive you off, you are better than that.

I'm right sorry to hear it's gotten worse. In the meantime until you can get to the doctors on Monday you take it easy, and I mean easy, I know you don't like being inactive but right now it's the best thing for you I reckon.

Big hugs from ya sista Bev
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Wrong thread
eh? I'm confussed now
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 08:46 PM

try mens support pants
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 08:47 PM

also water colour painting as a therapy
Solitaryman
New Member!
The UK
Solitaryman is male 

06-10-2019, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
A few years ago I developed an inguinal hernia which is a protruding lump from the right side of my groin area. It's a painful complaint which is aggravated by heavy lifting.

This was brought on predominantly by serious coughing which I later put down to working in dusty conditions in my job.
The hernia later subsided following a holiday and hasn't bothered me for 3-4 years apart from the odd 'twinge' occasionally.

Following a pulled muscle in my lower back at the gym last Sunday, the hernia came back and whilst I have been at work all week I have been in some pain and have had to be careful. It came to a head last night when I could no longer take it and left after an hour into my shift. I don't know if the pulled muscle and hernia are connected.

I am fine when sitting down as there is no pain and I'm mostly okay when walking around but any kind of moderate lifting or bending and the hernia 'pops out' again.

I managed to get an emergency appointment with my GP yesterday (Thursday) afternoon and I have been referred to get surgery done, whenever that may be.

Work will be a problem as they take a dim view of anybody being off sick whatever the reason so I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with that yet.

Meanwhile, I'm taking things easy and there will be no gym work, if ever again for that matter. I have of course had a life of working out and bodybuilding to keep myself fit and this issue has probably been exacerbated by my tendency to 'overdo things' there. This has taught me a lesson to stop behaving like somebody half my age and wise up to looking after my body. Whatever the issue, I need to get this problem sorted.

Has anyone else suffered with a hernia at all?
Here is a link to my particular problem:

https://www.healthline.com/health/in...-hernia-repair
I had exactly the same. Had to be back at work after two weeks. It’s important not to be lifting any heavy loads. Two years on and the scar is starting to fade away. If on the discharge letter was “Indirect hernia” then it’s been there since birth.

Page 11 of 17 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top