Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2012, 10:32 PM

I'm Home

Got home tonight at 10.00 pm from hospital from having my total hysterectomy last Wednesday

It's such a wonderful feeling that it's all over and it went so VERY well it was kinda enjoyable, it was nice being waited on hand and foot . My consultant surgeon was brilliant as was the consultant anaethetist and team, they pulled out all the stops for me with all the skilled operating team.

There was no complications and it all went straight forward and that was all helped by me losing the 5 stone and an hour's swim every day for the last two months. My surgeon thanked me for losing it, he said it made his job alot easier.

I had a general anaesthetic with a spinal block for pain relief, I've had no pain at all after the operation.

My consultant surgeon came to see me this morning and he said it doesn't look as if the cancer has spread outside the womb so he's waiting for the tests to come back to see if the tumour will come back and whether I need radiotherapy or not.

Thank you Sue for updating everyone on the forum when you came home from your holiday, I hope you had a good time And thank you all so much for your good wishes I'm back in the land of the living again
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2012, 10:40 PM

Re: I'm Home

Wonderful, wonderful news, Alison! It's so good to see you back here so soon ....... they must have been well pleased with you to discharge you so soon

Take things easy and give yourself time to recover properly (((hugs)))
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2012, 10:45 PM

Wow that is great news what a recovery will speak soon ...
Sue xx
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2012, 10:54 PM

Glad you're home and feeling ok Also well done on the weight loss Keep up the good recovery xx
LovelyMeerkat
Lancashire
LovelyMeerkat is female  LovelyMeerkat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2012, 11:08 PM

Hi Alison,

Glad to hear from you and know that everything went well for you. Good to hear you are feeling well, but do remember not to do too much. Let your body dictate how you feel.

Helen
XXXXX
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2012, 11:09 PM

Hi Alison I am delighted to learn you are home and that everything went so well x

I bet Asti was pleased to see you.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2012, 12:07 AM

Am really pleased to hear all went well Allison, I know how worried you were beforehand. You sound very chirpy and positive and I'm sure the test results will be good
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2012, 03:13 AM

You take care Alison. Good to hear you feel well and positive.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2012, 04:55 AM

I'm glad everything went well for you Alison (same name as my daughter) and I sincerely hope it continues in the future.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2012, 05:52 AM

My goodness I wasn't expecting any replies so quickly since I was on here so late last night, thank you all once again.

I will be taking it easy as hubby is very strict with me. He is home with me now for a month to be my carer.

That general anaesthetic is brilliant isnt it, you just go out instantly, I didn't realise that.

Apparently Asti hasn't missed me at all Meg, I thought she would be walking around wondering where I am etc but hubby said she just acted like she usually does, and when I got home she acted very strange, I don't think she's very well, she hasn't been herself and it's nothing to do with me. I think her eye is playing her up, we might have to get her down the vets. I think she's going to have to have that op ASAP. She's been fine all the time upto the time I've got home. My naighbour did say she ate a load of poo when she was out on her walk yesterday afternoon .

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top