Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 02:36 PM

Balance exercises

I was pleased to find this info online and will be doing the exercises every day! Thought I'd share.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2013, 01:41 PM

Re: Balance exercises

I think it may have something to do with the amount of alcohol one consumes (hic!)

Of course doing exercises means one has to stand(?), thus causing balance problems in the first place, the only safe way to exercise is by laying back in a comfy armchair with one's feet raised on a foot stool and slowly waggling one's toes - that's all the exercise I do, and even that is very exhausting (yawn, yawn - night, night folks!!!).
UniGeezer
California, USA
UniGeezer is male  UniGeezer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 12:37 AM

This is my balance exercise!
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

04-04-2013, 03:26 PM

I practise standing on one leg several times a day as I have significant balance problems, due to trouble with my left inner ear.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by UniGeezer ->
Hey that was good. I tried to talk my grandson into a unicycle last year, cos he's good on a pogo stick and I'd seen a couple of youngsters nearby riding them.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I was pleased to find this info online and will be doing the exercises every day! Thought I'd share.
Sue darlin' - can do the ankle exercise whilst sitting down - but I'm rather more comfortable whilst doing it - sitting in my riser/recliner armchair with the foot rest extended. Have been flexing my toes and ankles for the last 5 minutes. I think that is enough (yawn, yawn, yawn - very tiring) - time for nap again.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 12:51 PM

After the tumble I took this morning perhaps I should do some balance exercises - or simply carry the chihuahua instead of tripping over her
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 02:21 PM

Wax in the ears can cause a person to lose balance as can poor eye sight or wearing glasses that are not correct for ones eyes.

Any exercise is good for you and is recommended daily.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I've only just come across this thread Sue. I'm going to take a look at these exercises. Thanks.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by UniGeezer ->
Awesome! My son-in-law has a unicycle but hasn't tried to learn riding it yet. I'll have to show him your video.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top