Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 03:50 PM

Re: Exercise

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
So I've decided, I do not want my heart to keep going strongly when everything else is packing up!
Don't think it works like that now does it. My mate's father was an army fitness instructor and kept fit with swimming plus cycling all his life. My mate found him conked out in the back garden from a heart attack. No suffering and gone just like that whereas the wife (mate's mother) is now 91 and bed ridden having never done any fitness training at all.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Don't think it works like that now does it. My mate's father was an army fitness instructor and kept fit with swimming plus cycling all his life. My mate found him conked out in the back garden from a heart attack. No suffering and gone just like that whereas the wife (mate's mother) is now 91 and bed ridden having never done any fitness training at all.
I always thought that exercise strengthened the heart as it's just a muscle. Maybe your mate's Dad had some form of congenital heart disease - I've no idea. I can only go by what was said by the vet.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2013, 09:01 PM

So much conflicting advice on the fitness thing. I do go to a gym 3 times a week for short bursts of exercises and I am a fairly active person but who knows if it does any good in the long run but, I feel better for it....I think!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 08:24 AM

There was a report yesterday that too much exercise is not good for you. I'm taking no chances - sat back in my reclining armchair - I'm not gonna move except to feed my face!!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 08:35 AM

I always thought that exercise strengthened the heart as it's just a muscle. Maybe your mate's Dad had some form of congenital heart disease - I've no idea. I can only go by what was said by the vet.
BV, please consult a Medical Practitioner, Vet = Pet.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There was a report yesterday that too much exercise is not good for you. I'm taking no chances - sat back in my reclining armchair - I'm not gonna move except to feed my face!!!
Can anyone else remember the report that 'slothfulness is the way to live longer and healthier'? The only link I can find is this one: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...nger-life.html

There's always conflicting advice. I used to love exercising (swimming and walking - no gym, that drove me up the wall) but I wasn't really fanatical about it.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

22-11-2013, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
BV, please consult a Medical Practitioner, Vet = Pet.
Over here spitfire - you'd stand a better chance with the vet than some of the doctors
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There was a report yesterday that too much exercise is not good for you. :
Just as too much of anything is not good.
Moonin
New Member!
Bedfordshire
Moonin is female 

02-12-2013, 10:37 AM

I retired in February this year- the best thing ever!!! I now go to the gym 4 times a week and wAlk the dogs daily. I want to stay fit and healthy to enjoy this time. Trouble is I work up a fantastic appetite lol.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 11:14 AM

Can anyone else remember the report that 'slothfulness is the way to live longer and healthier'? The only link I can find is this one: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...nger-life.html

There's always conflicting advice. I used to love exercising (swimming and walking - no gym, that drove me up the wall) but I wasn't really fanatical about it.

In which case I'm gonna live to be 900 years old - just call me Methusulah.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top