Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 11:33 AM

Re: Exercise

I find if I feel energetic if I sit down for awhile the feeling wears off.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 01:09 PM

Just back from the docs and he's given me the green light to start swimming again - really nervous as the physio said no as I can only do breaststroke and that may well damage the joint further. As I miss swimming so much, I shall give it a go; just hope I don't end up hobbling around again gotta do something about my weight though as I miss wearing my nice clothes!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 01:18 PM

Went running with the club last night - brisk 5 miler, can hardly walk today with a sore achilles tendon on my right leg and a twinge in the knee on the other. New trainers I think though it could well be I have been overdosing on the popcorn and put weight on . Not going near the scales for a bit that is for sure.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Just back from the docs and he's given me the green light to start swimming again - really nervous as the physio said no as I can only do breaststroke and that may well damage the joint further. As I miss swimming so much, I shall give it a go; just hope I don't end up hobbling around again gotta do something about my weight though as I miss wearing my nice clothes!
I don't know what your 'injury' was b-v...but gentle swimming as with doing breastroke is a good non weight bearing exercise.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I don't know what your 'injury' was b-v...but gentle swimming as with doing breastroke is a good non weight bearing exercise.
Up until 3 years ago, I was an avid swimmer Pats (hence my name on the BBC) - never did less than 50 lengths non-stop, 3 or 4 times a week. Then I got bursitis when I was digging in the garden and my GP failed, quite miserably, to take it seriously. The joint built up cartlidge (I think that's what it's called) to protect itself over that 18 months and now is irrepairable. It's breaststroke (I can't do front crawl) leg action that the physio said will be a problem but the GP says it will be fine but not to expect to do a fraction of what I could do 3 years ago any advice would be greatly appreciated - I'd love to get back in the water but not at the cost of becoming immobile again.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2014, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I cant Mups - I'd fall over, no more 'jigs' fer me
Used to love dancing - very good exercise
Anyone else like to dance?
Photo of dancing shoes, cowboy boots, sequins, feather boas, etc. on this month's photo competition thread would be nice! x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
I find if I feel energetic if I sit down for awhile the feeling wears off.

Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Up until 3 years ago, I was an avid swimmer Pats (hence my name on the BBC) - never did less than 50 lengths non-stop, 3 or 4 times a week. Then I got bursitis when I was digging in the garden and my GP failed, quite miserably, to take it seriously. The joint built up cartlidge (I think that's what it's called) to protect itself over that 18 months and now is irrepairable. It's breaststroke (I can't do front crawl) leg action that the physio said will be a problem but the GP says it will be fine but not to expect to do a fraction of what I could do 3 years ago any advice would be greatly appreciated - I'd love to get back in the water but not at the cost of becoming immobile again.
I see b~v...can you do breast stroke but move your legs 'flipper style' from your knees rather than 'froggy style'? it takes a bit of concentration to separate the arm and leg action but it is a good compromise for those with hip problems.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 05:47 PM

Well I'm looking forward to slimming right down to become light on my feet whereby running is effortless. For some reason or other I have become more and more lazy in the last few years but just a slight change of attitude can fix all that. As far as I'm concerned keeping fit, strong and slim is something to strive for as long as you can manage it. Game on .

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top