Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 03:00 PM

Your Form of Mobility

If you are mobile, what is your favourite form of exercise or plain moving around, and why?

Mine is walking because I have to get my dog out so I walk up the county road. I don't have a bike, there's no pools around & I can't run. I get to look at the countryside so I feel blessed
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 03:02 PM

Re: Your Form of Mobility

I love to walk - especially out into the countryside. There is always something to see and each season has something different to offer.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 03:37 PM

I push my trolley around the supermarket, walk up to the compost bin most days - walk down to the bird feeder and fill it - but my favourite exercise is light gardening -

not favourite but I do use my exercise bike -
sophie
New Member!
pennsylvania, USA
sophie is female 

02-08-2014, 03:55 PM

that sounds great Autumn Color - a walk in the country side. Because of my location and physical restraints I'm pretty much limited to walking as my exercise, but I'm very satisfied with that, in earlier times when I was in my forties I was a "work out junkie" and positively haunted my local gym lol. Now I go outside and do 'laps' around my building. In the fall I will expand my horizons to the surrounding neighborhoods.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 04:16 PM

Walking is my favourite exercise too. It was on a ramble last week that I slipped & broke my ankle. I'm now out of action for a few weeks but I will be back.

My county (Derbyshire) has some of the lovliest scenery - I love to walk in the Peak district - rivers, fields and mountains - it has it all. (If you can call the Pennines mountains) Maybe just very steep hills. lol
Anyway it's beautiful and I get such an uplifted feeling just being there.

My second favourite exercise is aqua fit at my local leisure centre - an hour of water based exercise in a friendly class of women. It's a good laugh too.

Swimming & going to the gym are other things I do but all curtailed at the moment!!

I am going to be SO unfit when I get the plaster off my leg!
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 05:19 PM

I have posted my chosen form of mobility in Phils Phings
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->
I push my trolley around the supermarket, walk up to the compost bin most days - walk down to the bird feeder and fill it - but my favourite exercise is light gardening -

not favourite but I do use my exercise bike -
I am mobile..legs and car..but sometimes I love to put on some music...and dance..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
I have posted my chosen form of mobility in Phils Phings
And very interesting - and funny - it is too !
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 06:12 PM

Walking, cycling and my zumba classes.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2014, 06:13 PM

Shank`s Pony, until me poor back gives me gip.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top