Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 10:00 AM

Re: Home Exercises

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I know a number of people who bought exercise bikes with the best of intentions and they sit idle gathering dust.
Apparently it takes a lot of will power to actually use the things regularly even if doing so is combined with some other activity
When you feel the benefit, you find the willpower. Mine is so well used that it has started to clank as I pedal.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 10:01 AM

I know a number of people who bought exercise bikes with the best of intentions and they sit idle gathering dust.
Apparently it takes a lot of will power to actually use the things regularly even if doing so is combined with some other activity
That's true - that's why I thought of the pedals, the tins of beans is a good one too, for toning the upper arms
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 10:06 AM

Yoga is good for any age...sun salutation great idea
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 10:07 AM

Ours was an excellent clothes horse until we recently sold it, miss it for hanging stuff on
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 10:57 AM

The pedal cycle which sits at your feet is excellent I use mine for an hour most days. I walk to and from work which is about a mile each way. A couple of longer walks a week approx 5 miles. And I do a Jillian Michaels fitness dvd about 5 times a week, dvd is 30 day shred, I only do level 1 as I feel that is sufficient for my age and fitness level. It only takes about 25 mins. Once you get into it you do really enjoy making exercise a regular part of your life and you miss it if you can't do it. Any way I've done my pedaling for the day I'm about to do my DVD and then I'm off to walk to work where I'll be on my feet till 10 pm then I'll walk home again. Love it!
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

29-09-2014, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Walking is good Clementy - and if you can dance throw in some moves
ha ha, I think I'll have to try dancing down my street just to see the neighbour's reactions
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

29-09-2014, 10:19 PM

Many thanks everyone, really helpful and interesting replies, will put some into practice, not sure about a bike though.

The pedal cycle sounds interesting, is it one of those that you do whilst sitting? I'll have a look on Amazon.

Now what tins do I have in the cupboard??
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Clementy ->
ha ha, I think I'll have to try dancing down my street just to see the neighbour's reactions
You've brought back memories gal
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-09-2014, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Clementy ->
Many thanks everyone, really helpful and interesting replies, will put some into practice, not sure about a bike though.

The pedal cycle sounds interesting, is it one of those that you do whilst sitting? I'll have a look on Amazon.

Now what tins do I have in the cupboard??
Here they are Clementy - just sit in your chair and cycle away ......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...ls%2Caps%2C221
Argos may still sell them too .....
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 01:29 PM

I'm fortunate I'm able to go swimming before work. Then walking at the weekend. I don't do any exercise at home, but maybe put the music on whilst doing the housework and end up dancing about the house. My face always ends up like a beetroot whatever exercise I do I never seem to get used to it!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top