Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

30-09-2014, 03:54 PM

Re: Home Exercises

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
You've brought back memories gal
I remember way back in my early teens my whole family, a large one at that, danced the conga down the street at midnight New Year's Eve knocking on neighbour's doors. They joined in too!
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

30-09-2014, 03:58 PM

Thank you Patsy for the Amazon link, I expected them to be more expensive. I'll have to decide which one is the best for me.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Simple weights, a can of beans in each hand and lifts and raises is good for toning I believe.
Good for upper-body that Julie and there's all sorts of variations you can do to tone up most of those upper muscles.

My wife does that now but she's also still doing all her hip replacement exercises and is doing a 12 week Gym Course under a special programme via the hospital / NHS starting tomorrow!

She's getting right into it all now that she's pain free and completely mobile again and she's going onto aqua-aerobics after this Course! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Clementy ->
I remember way back in my early teens my whole family, a large one at that, danced the conga down the street at midnight New Year's Eve knocking on neighbour's doors. They joined in too!
Smashing - I'd have joined in too !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 05:10 PM

Thank you Patsy for the Amazon link, I expected them to be more expensive. I'll have to decide which one is the best for me.
Look at the reviews Clementy - they are a good guide ....
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 06:11 PM

I'd love to know if there's anyone who managed to exercise and get rid of "mother's apron". I'm trying to find the right exercise for that.

i'm a realist and want to hear from people who had it, and got rid of it!!
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

30-09-2014, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Smashing - I'd have joined in too !
Oh how I miss them all, we had some wonderful parties and get togethers.

I do try to gauge the reviews on Amazon, some of the negative ones seem rather petty sometimes. I can't remember where, but I read about someone who liked to put negative reviews on Amazon for the fun of it!

As a rule of thumb if the positive reviews greatly outnumber the negatives I assume the product should, hopefully be ok, of course doesn't work if there are just a few review, then it's a case of taking a chance.

I think I'm going to buy the Nutrabullet for some veggie smoothies, overall the reviews are very positive.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-09-2014, 07:10 PM

Oh how I miss them all, we had some wonderful parties and get togethers.

I do try to gauge the reviews on Amazon, some of the negative ones seem rather petty sometimes. I can't remember where, but I read about someone who liked to put negative reviews on Amazon for the fun of it!

As a rule of thumb if the positive reviews greatly outnumber the negatives I assume the product should, hopefully be ok, of course doesn't work if there are just a few review, then it's a case of taking a chance.

I think I'm going to buy the Nutrabullet for some veggie smoothies, overall the reviews are very positive.
I agree - I miss the get togethers the most .......
You are spot on with regards to the reviews .....
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

30-09-2014, 07:29 PM

I recently came across an old photo of one of our Christmas knees-ups and it seemed like only yesterday, I feel blessed that I had so many family around me when I was growing up, something my sons didn't experience. My mum was one of 13 and now there's only one uncle and aunt left, even some of my cousins have gone. Oh dear, shouldn't look back, but they are lovely memories, days out to the seaside, pantomimes, parties...........

I think I'm going off topic. Back to the Pedal Machine!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-09-2014, 07:40 PM

Oh you were lucky - the times you had - especially with family are such precious times, thank goodness to have such wonderful memories and I can see the smile on yer face from here

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top