Join for free
Tondi
USA
Tondi is female  Tondi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2010, 05:35 PM

Mr. Roberts

A short story I wrote:

Alison sat in her history class staring at Mr. Roberts as he gave his lesson for the day. He was so handsome and young looking. She thought he was the best looking man she had ever seen. All the girls in the class were in love with him but she was going to try and get his attention somehow and talk privately to him. She knew she was beautiful and mature for being only sixteen. She had overheard some women teachers saying he was a bachelor. She guessed him to be in his late twenties. She had decided to stay after class and ask about the assignment for Friday that he gave to all of the students. All she wanted to do was talk to him and get his undivided attention so he could see she was intelligent and beautiful. That was what she thought he would think but she could add some more charms. She smiled to herself as made her plan.

After class she asked Mr. Roberts about the assignment. He seemed eager to talk to her and explain what he wanted the students to do with their homework. As he talked she moved her head to the side in a suggestive look. Her eyes were staring into his eyes but she didn’t hear what he was saying. She was thinking how it would be to kiss him. As he talked, he moved away from the desk and told her to study chapter ten in her history book and write her interpretation of the chapter. She sighed and said, “Okay, Mr. Roberts, I understand the lesson now. Thank you for explaining.”

Mr. Roberts nodded and turned away from Alison as she walked out the door. She was certain he had noticed her figure and her beautiful face. The next day, she noticed he glanced at her as she took her desk in the classroom and he smiled. She knew then that she could get friendlier.

The other girls talked about Mr. Roberts and how he was so sexy but Alison knew he was thinking of her when he talked to the class. She smiled every time his eyes met her eyes. She knew it was a mutual attraction. She lingered outside the classroom door after school was out to see him. He walked out with his briefcase and saw her standing nearby, so he said, “Hi, Alison. Did you have any problems with your assignment?”

She took the initiative and said, “Yes, I had a hard time with trying to explain the decision of the early settlers. I am rewriting it and it will be ready for tomorrow. Do you think I could ask you a question on the subject?”

“I am on my way home and I understand you go this way so if you need a ride, we can talk and I will take you to your home.”

“Thanks, Mr. Roberts; I appreciate your offer.”

Alison slid in the car and asked, “Do you like teaching at the school?”

“Yes, I do, Alison. The students are very bright and seem to learn quickly. Now for your question; we are almost at your house.

Alison thought up a question about the assignment. He answered her and then stopped the car. “Thank you, Mr. Roberts for the ride home.” Alison got out of the car and walked into the house as if she was walking on air.

Mr. Roberts was wondering about Alison and her attention toward him lately. She was a pretty girl and seemed to have a lot of boyfriends. He knew as a teacher he would have to watch his behavior when trying to help her. It was stupid to give her a ride in his car and he would keep this in mind with all his girl students. He knew that things could be misunderstood.

Alison was dreaming about Mr. Roberts all the time and was determined to have him ask her for a date. She decided he would be aloof so she was going to invite him to have coffee at the corner cafe away from the school. She approached him after school.
“Mr. Roberts, I really need some help on this report I have to give on Friday. Would you like to have coffee with me at the corner cafe?

“Alison, you need to do your assignment by yourself. I can help you in class but only give some direction. The other students will be interested in your questions, too.”

Alison was so upset that she stormed out of the room. She went home and decided to get revenge on Mr. Roberts. She tore her blouse and messed her hair. She quietly made her way outside and then returned crying when she walked into the house. Her mother confronted her in the hall. “Alison, what happened?”

“Mother, Mr. Roberts, my history teacher, grabbed me after school and tried to kiss me. When I struggled; he tore my blouse and tried to get me in his car.”

Her mother called her husband and they both went to the principal’s office the next morning to file a complaint with the school. The principal could not believe that Mr. Roberts would do this so he called him into the office to confront Alison’s parents. He was shocked when he heard what Alison had told her parents. He denied anything happened but did explain that Alison wanted him to help her and got upset when he said he couldn’t go have coffee with her to discuss her lesson.

Alison’s parents listened to his explanation and said they would talk to their daughter again and see if she was sure of what happened.

After careful discussion with her parents and the principal, Alison admitted she made up the story and was apologetic. Mr. Roberts was sorry that Alison thought he was being attracted to her and was sure it was just a mistake on her part when she got so upset.

Her parents decided to send Alison to a new school and hoped she had learned her lesson. She enjoyed her new school and did put the incident behind her but she always
had a fantasy about Mr. Roberts the rest of her school days.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2010, 03:47 AM

Re: Mr. Roberts

Good slap she needed

Good story Tondi!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2010, 11:30 AM

Ah - who'd be a teenager again ... or indeed, someone trying to teach them?
But we all have to go through the rigours of 'growing up'. It just seems to take some people longer than others
Tondi
USA
Tondi is female  Tondi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2010, 03:35 PM

Thank you, Azz and dinahsmum for your nice comments. I think this is a typical case for teenagers with a crush on their teacher but not quite so intense.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2010, 04:41 PM

A well constructed story Tondi --good work
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 10:37 AM

Good well-written story with an eventual happy outcome. Something that relates to real-life situations. A good job Alison decided to tell the truth in the end.

I read somewhere that pupil/teacher relationships aren't too uncommon. I think there have been some that ended in marriage.
Tondi
USA

24-01-2010, 03:21 PM

Thank you, Christian and Mart, I appreciate your comments.

I did have a crush on my history teacher in grade 8, about 14 years old and do remember how young and good looking he was and paying attention to his class more than others.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2010, 10:27 PM

I enjoyed that Tondi thank you.
I must admit I was expecting an altogether different ending.
Tondi
USA

26-01-2010, 05:33 PM

Thank you, Victors Mate for your comment on my story.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top