Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 12:34 PM

Re: Vertigo

So pleased to hear this EZ - I know in certain cases, its just one of those things, a one off - let this be how it is for you ...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 12:51 PM

Have much sympathy with Vertigo sufferers. Had it myself 2-3 times in short bouts but it's completely debilitating.

One time I turned up at my parents house got as far as the welcome mat just inside the door when it hit me like a truck. The entire room was spinning madly and I could do nothing but lie on the floor on that welcome mat for about 5 mins. I then slowly crawled my way across the floor into the lounge and lay on the sofa for 30 mins. Really awful.

As one other poster has highlighted the "Epley" Manoeuver is definitely worth trying. Vertigo can often be caused by crystals in the ear canal and the manoeuver helps drain it out. There's a great Youtube clip here which explains it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SLm76jQg3g
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 01:15 PM

I have suffered from vertigo on and off for many years, caused I was told by arthritis in my neck.
I always have some prochlorperazine tablets in my cupboard just in case I have a sudden bout.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 02:09 PM

I've experienced bouts of BPPV for much of my adult life but fortunately they've never lasted long. Just as well as most GPs seem unfamiliar with the condition.

Lindyloo, I don't thing it has anything to do with avoiding heights. That is more likely to be "acrophobia".

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top