Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 12:09 PM

Cataract Operation.

Those of you who have had this procedure, how long did you have to wait before you could drive again? The doctor I saw yesterday told me 6 weeks but a nurse had previously told me 2 weeks and a friend who had had the op told me 1 week. Being able to drive is important to me so 6 weeks without driving would be a major inconvenience.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 01:36 PM

Re: Cataract Operation.

Can't remember how long it was for me Alan but nothing like 6 weeks. I would think 1 to 2 weeks would be enough.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 02:19 PM

The DVLA advice is:

"The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) states that you can start driving again if you can read a number plate 20 metres away with both eyes open."

So I guess it is really an individual thing, depending on how quickly you recover from the surgery. I'm sure six weeks is far too long, more likely to be one to two weeks I would have thought.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 04:45 PM

Our good friend had her cataracts done a couple of years ago and had to keep putting the drops in for a week or so, and then was back behind the wheel almost immediately but I guess every case is individual. Doesn't Sheila drive?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Our good friend had her cataracts done a couple of years ago and had to keep putting the drops in for a week or so, and then was back behind the wheel almost immediately but I guess every case is individual. Doesn't Sheila drive?
No she doesn't Barry in spite of my many attempts to get her to learn. She's not at all technically inclined and leaves all that sort of stuff to me...... but she is an excellent cook.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
No she doesn't Barry in spite of my many attempts to get her to learn. She's not at all technically inclined and leaves all that sort of stuff to me...... but she is an excellent cook.
Sounds a fair exchange to me Alan....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top