Join for free
Page 243 of 370 « First < 143 193 233 241 242 243 244 245 253 293 343 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 11:48 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Poor you so frustrating

BUT...you only began your course of amoxicillin yesterday, so it may well be Sunday/Monday before you get an improvement, typically antibiotics kick in after 3 days, DO NOT MISS A SINGLE DOSE
So on Monday when the Doctor examines your ears he will be able to tell whether there's still any infection.
You won't get the suction treatment until any infection has cleared up.
Good luck!!
Don't forget to lay it on thick about the possibility of losing your job over this!!

I agree.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree.
I won't actually lose my job (I was a little too disgruntled yesterday).
Our work policy says that we are "allowed" three bouts of sickness in one calendar year. The first is noted by the team leader, the second you need to have a discussion with the Operations Manager and the third is a final written warning.
It makes absolutely no difference what the sickness entails. It's a rotten company to work for.
I've only had one day off work so far this year for my flu/chest coughing episode, but I'm still unsure whether I can get in to work tonight. Still can't hear a thing and it's dangerous to drive more than anything else.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 10:33 PM

Floydy, I somehow missed that you have an antibiotic. That's really good news. Just remember that ears are super sensitive and it make take a little while to resolve. You sure can't drive if it's causing you vertigo.

The sun was spectacular in the cloudless North Carolina sky, but with howling winds and wind chill factors below freezing, I could only manage two miles in my light gear. Despite the sub-zero conditions, the air was incredibly refreshing after breathing the antiseptic air in the hospital. Though I was a little frustrated, I was at least able to walk another four miles to bring my total up to six.

Looks like I'll have to do a little online shopping for a hat, gloves, and a fireplace lest I start burning the hospital furniture ...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 11:24 AM

No wind chill here yesterday morning Surfermom..... Although it was a cool 3*C it turned out to be a very pleasant eight mile run in dry and calm conditions.

I had made my mind up not to leave my best bits out on the road and would settle for six miles, but as I approached the fork in the road that determined the length of the run, I just turned for the eight.

I witnessed a beautiful sunrise as I arrived at the six mile mark, and watched as it scampered from the horizon to the waiting clouds just above. Some visions just stay with you forever.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 02:37 AM

Glad to hear you got out there today, OGF. We were prisoners of our pink cell - a room sweetly painted bubble gum pink and covered throughout with large wallpaper cutouts of Disney princesses. (I was told that invariable some poor teenage boy gets stuck with this room). So while we didn't get our sunset hues along the horizon, they enveloped us vertically from four distinct corners.

I was able to do some stair climbing for a good hour and do some yoga with Snow White above cheering me on while my daughter was off for physical therapy. It's amazing how quickly those stairs can get your heart rate up; that and the occasional distinguished doctor or two choosing the stairs over the elevators .

Why don't hospitals have swimming pools? Wouldn't that be a phenomenal way for people to ease back into activity?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 12:37 PM

Hummmmphhh, I thought the pool would be very quiet this morning with all the snow and heavy frost. Was it heck, everyone turned up and then some.
I even had to go into a faster lane as I kept catching up with folks who were all in tortoise mode.....sigh.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 01:00 PM

I would have loved that room Surfermom... Being an only child, and my Mother preferring a daughter, she used to dress me up in skirts and dresses and decorate my bedroom in pink.........Only joking!...

It was probably my Mum's side that my running came from, Dad was more of a cyclist. He would work down the pit through the week and on Friday night would cycle from Doncaster to Leicester (about 60 miles) with his Dad, to spend the weekend with relations. (All Dad's side came from Leicester) and then cycle home on Sunday afternoon in time to start work on Monday.

In their later years they loved to see me run and supported me on many a long distance adventure. They supported two friends and myself on an 84 mile run through the night across the moors, only leaving us at midnight. We carried on to finish in around 30 hours.....It was only after my heart attack in 2004 that they started worrying about me and suggested that I might perhaps slow down a little and not run quite so far.....

After sixty years of marriage they both passed away within five months of each other back in 2009....They would have had no need to worry as Mother Nature has intervened and slowed me down naturally....

I wonder if they were looking down on me this morning when at 7 am I closed the door behind me and stepped out into the dark. The road glistened with diamonds and I panted up the steep climb of the deserted railway bridge, barred to vehicles and soon to be demolished 'we are both coming to the end of our usefulness my friend' I thought as I crested the summit and notched up the pace.

The path across the field was lit from the light of a waning moon still big and bright in a cloudless sky, the cold breeze caressed my face and legs, but avoiding puddles became my main priority, wet feet so early in my run would be quite uncomfortable and there was still a long way to go.

As I reached the cycle track I became aware of the occasional patch of ice as my feet struggled for traction, a smile crept across my face as I thought 'I couldn't walk on this, but here I am floating over it'...You still need to tread lightly though.

I managed to stay upright all the way to the sideroad that led to the lane, but as I turned away from the main road I realised I was running on a sheet of Ice. Trying to run in a straight line with arms flailing it was so difficult not to go crashing to the floor, but I regained my balance and tip toed over the slippy surface. A lady runner coming the opposite way, and was now walking, warned me of the treacherous conditions, I thanked her and carried on until I reached the lane.

Running on rough ground was heaven, no ice here, just the occasional protruding rock to be avoided, but with daylight now taking over from the moonlight they were easy to spot, but with tired legs I was not quite so nimble, and the odd stubbed toe woke me from my hypnotic trance. I reached the slippy tarmac of my street, and a couple out walking their dogs stepped back in amazement as this ageing runner dressed only in shorts and thin fleece top came sliding around the corner oblivious to the cold and conditions underfoot, another decent and testing five miles for the journal....

Feeling a little tired now but warm and happy after a shower and breakfast.
Now.....let's try out this 'Shuffle Dancing'....

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-01-2019, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Hummmmphhh, I thought the pool would be very quiet this morning with all the snow and heavy frost. Was it heck, everyone turned up and then some.
I even had to go into a faster lane as I kept catching up with folks who were all in tortoise mode.....sigh.
Worth it in the end though Roxy.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Joni ->
There is Some good Tips for exercise
[Mod edit: No link drops allowed]

And much more..
Mods - Just wondering why a link wasn't allowed here, unless it was for advertising? We add links on the forum in virtually every thread normally without an issue?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

24-01-2019, 03:49 AM

Roxy, you've been holding out on us that you are Olympic material Do you track your lap time or do you just swim for distance?

OGF, besides the gifts of distance DNA passed down to you, it sounds like you won one of life's lotteries with your parents. How thoroughly interesting to read about your dad and grandad's cycling endeavors, and I am sure you greatly miss them.

You made me think about my great-grandfather who walked/jogged to his job supervision railroad repairs beginning at the beginning of the 20th century. Every day he walked 25 miles round trip to work. Apparently he was also a very good figure skater.

I have to say that I cringed a little at the account of your run. I don't know how you are so fortunate on the ice. Invariably I am the opposite, slip-sliding my way into an eventual fall. Apparently I don't take after my great-grandad . Extremely well done do you and the lady runner. That's dedication!

We walked five miles today all indoors, though admittedly slow to accommodate my daughter's current abilities. No matter, I found the nine story stairway and made my way up and down twice to get my heart rate up to a decent enough pace.

Page 243 of 370 « First < 143 193 233 241 242 243 244 245 253 293 343 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top