Join for free
Page 5 of 370 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 01:35 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Sorry but I dont have a daily exercise routine ,life is too good for filling it with chores
It'll be different once you retire Aysa. You start to care about your body because you realise it's the only one you've got.

Sensible exercise can be enjoyable - especially in a class or group.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It'll be different once you retire Aysa. You start to care about your body because you realise it's the only one you've got.

Sensible exercise can be enjoyable - especially in a class or group.
I agree. Far too much sitting about and healing for me in the last year or two for various reasons has resulted in my owning a very unfit body!
My general health is not particularly good, I believe my immune system isn't robust, and my stamina and energy levels are a fraction of what they were.
It would be so easy for me to say oh well I've just had a Big Zero birthday, so what do you expect, it's a fact of life that when you get older your body begins to let you down blah blah blah...
Well sod that for a game of soldiers!
I'm absolutely DETERMINED to get back my health and strength this year.
If anyone's got any good tips please post them here!

I've started taking echinachea drops 4 times a day, if the Lancet recommends this to boost your immune system that's good enough for me.
I've got a skipping rope, a mini trampoline, and used to have two strong legs for walking and swimming.
It would be good to use all these regularly...anyone got any bottled energy I could buy??!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 11:43 AM

Good on ya' Ruthio, as has been said many times before, walking a short distance every day would be an excellent start to regaining those strong legs, and very soon with that skipping rope and all your enthusiasm you will be producing your own bottled energy by the bucket load. Keep us posted on your progress.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 11:49 AM

Ruthio. Make enquiries about Over 50 classes at your local leisure centre.
There's one at ours that is really good - it's for doctors referrals but anybody can go. it's a supervised circuit - moving round the room using different equipment - light weights - sitting up & down on a chair - a punch ball - up & down on a step - push ups against a wall, etc etc. It's really good fun and not hard at all.

I can also recommend aqua fit at your local pool. It's brilliant exercise in water - again - not hard.

Short walks would also be good - set yourself a goal - even if it's only walking to the shops or getting off the bus a couple of stops earlier.

You could build more strenuous exercise and longer walks into your routine as you get fitter.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 01:56 PM

Thanks for the ideas and encouragement.
I'm off for a walk in the sunshine now, first time out for a while.
Had a good cough, blown my nose, again...legs feel at last as though they actually belong to me, headache's cleared...
Lucky me I've a lovely big park opposite but I have to remember not to go too far because I've got to get back again!
If I don't show up in a few hours send the search party out
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 03:00 PM

I have two daily walks of 20mins, rain or shine, step ups, exercise cycle, and mild aerobics. I can't say I enjoy exercise but it is good for me as I am in my mid 60s.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 08:28 PM

Managed a 6 mile jog yesterday and again today.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Has anybody else got home exercise equipment?
This is some of mine - In addition to what you can see in the picture I also have a rowing machine, weights and kettlebells.

Wow that's impressive Carol
I have a treadmill ... a manual one, which I use for walking and hanging the washing on ...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

11-02-2016, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Wow that's impressive Carol
I have a treadmill ... a manual one, which I use for walking and hanging the washing on ...
Thank you Rachel. It's really good when I can be bothered to use it.
I got lazy over Christmas and not really back in my stride yet...
Titus
London
Titus is male  Titus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 12:19 AM

Ran 3 miles today and had a 1 hour gym session yesterday.

Page 5 of 370 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top