Join for free
Page 5 of 28 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 01:52 PM

Re: Roberts Poems (part 3)

Krishnamurti

just going out

more later.......................
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 11:38 PM

“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.”
― Jiddu Krishnamurti

Krishnamurti was born in British India and in early adolescence, he had a chance encounter with prominent occultist and theosophist Charles Webster Leadbeater in the grounds of the Theosophical Society headquarters at Adyar in Madras. He was subsequently raised under the tutelage of Annie Besant and Leadbeater, leaders of the Society at the time, who believed him to be a "vehicle" for an expected World Teacher. As a young man, he disavowed this idea and dissolved the Order of the Star in the East, an organisation that had been established to support it.

“Do not repeat after me words that you do not understand. Do not merely put on a mask of my ideas, for it will be an illusion and you will thereby deceive yourself.”
― Jiddu Krishnamurti

“Happiness is strange; it comes when you are not seeking it. When you are not making an effort to be happy, then unexpectedly, mysteriously, happiness is there, born of purity, of a loveliness of being.”
― Jiddu Krishnamurti

“Most of us waste this extraordinary thing called life. We have lived forty or sixty years, have gone to the office, engaged ourselves in social activity, escaping in various forms, and at the end of it, we have nothing but an empty, dull, stupid life, a wasted life.

― Jiddu Krishnamurti
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 11:52 PM

What I think is mind boggling, is that some great thinkers trawl their ass to all corners of the globe for a conclusion, others just plod their local beat, maybe it is better to conclude in an environmentally fashion.

Edit, Friendly fashion.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

15-12-2014, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What I think is mind boggling, is that some great thinkers trawl their ass to all corners of the globe for a conclusion, others just plod their local beat, maybe it is better to conclude in an environmentally fashion.

Edit, Friendly fashion.
Spitty dear boy, I lost you after the bit

"What I think".....

As the actress said to the bishop "could you put it in another way?"
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 12:09 AM

Sometimes folk who think, or phrase, feel the need to up sticks, that's all.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

15-12-2014, 12:18 AM

Sometimes folk who think, or phrase, feel the need to up sticks, that's all.
Thankyou for your succinct & pithy, speedy & misty reply.

“To ask the 'right' question is far more important than to receive the answer. The solution of a problem lies in the understanding of the problem; the answer is not outside the problem, it is in the problem.”
― Jiddu Krishnamurti, The Flight of the Eagle
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

15-12-2014, 12:22 AM

New subject

I am a perfect football fool
cos I don't get the OFF_SIDE rule
Gosh my mind is in a whirl
I should have been born a GIRL
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

15-12-2014, 12:27 AM

It helps to understand if your own mind, in your own estimation, is Simple, then there is on problem, so an answer is unnecessary.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

15-12-2014, 12:34 AM

It helps to understand if your own mind, in your own estimation, is Simple, then there is on problem, so an answer is unnecessary.
My brain hurts,I think rain is imminent.

I have a surfeit of answers but a deficit of corresponding questions.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

15-12-2014, 12:48 AM

What is an "on problem", I must spend a few "Bob" on a proofreader, RJ, let the Government worry about deficits.

Page 5 of 28 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top