Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 07:10 AM

Walking Shoes

Can anyone recommend extra-wide fitting walking shoes? I have plantar fasclitis and neuromas which I think is exacerbated by the width of my shoes. At the moment, I'm walking in an old pair of sketchers - with my inserts and additional padding, but they don't give the support I need and certainly won't be waterproof.

I'm not planning on spending too much as I can't tell if I'll have foot issues just by trying the shoes on in the shop and I have a house-full of shoes I can no longer wear.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 07:30 AM

Re: Walking Shoes

I use Columbia peakfeat walking shoes .
They have a wide toe box and are supremely comfortable .
I have two pairs have worn nothing else in lockdown .
I don’t know if they would suit plantar facia though .

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	EADCB271-FB89-454C-BF6A-BA144202E99F.png
Views:	189
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	13772  
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 08:12 AM

Thanks Muddy, I'll see if the shop has some for me to try.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 08:14 AM

They are American sizes Lindy so best to try .
I have to say they are not cheap .
I bought my first pair in the shop and then got the second one online at a reduced price .

This might help it has women’s shoes too .

https://bestwalkingshoes4men.com/wid...walking-shoes/
Lindyloo
isle of wight

24-09-2020, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They are American sizes Lindy so best to try .
I have to say they are not cheap .
I bought my first pair in the shop and then got the second one online at a reduced price .

This might help it has women’s shoes too .

https://bestwalkingshoes4men.com/wid...walking-shoes/
Thanks again Muddy. I'm hoping to buy from a shop which allows returns. I'm seeing the podiatrist next week, so can get his view on new shoes with the option of returning them if needbe.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 12:00 PM

My daughter suffered with plantar Lindy, and recently found out it was nothing to do with her feet, liver I think...
I know! It surprised me too. Might be worth a look....
Thems good shoes Muddy, I've been wearing Merrell shoes and now I won't walk in anything else....Gore tex, so no wet feet.
Incidentally, the bloke that invented gore tex died yesterday...

Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 12:04 PM

At the moment, I'm walking in an old pair of sketchers

My husband has recently been experiencing foot problems and was advised to avoid Sketchers as they do not offer enough support.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 03:48 PM

If it were me I'd go to the doctors & ask to be referred to have some footwear specially made for you. Ordinary footwear will never be completely right for you.

My hubby had difficulty with ordinary shoes as his poor feet have been distorted by gout. I am going to ask the doctor to refer him for some made to measure shoes.

Of course we will have to pay but better one good pair that fits...
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 06:24 PM

Lindy, do you by any chance take statins for high cholesterol, I used to take them and had this terrible foot pain,,,couldn't walk on that foot, Gp said it was planter fasciitis, Then I learned that statins can cause it , never had it since I stopped taking the statins
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 07:19 PM

My wife and I both have these. Have done so for about years. Expensive but worth it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top