Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 11:24 AM

Do You Miss The Postman Not Delivering Letters On Bank Holidays?

I know it’s a silly question but l think it’s always nice to receive a letter.... maybe not the bills though!

What about you, do you like receiving letters and miss not getting them on Bank Holidays?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 11:27 AM

Re: Do You Miss The Postman Not Delivering Letters On Bank Holidays?

Nope.

At least on bank holidays I know I'm not going to get any unwelcome surprises drop through me letterbox.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 11:29 AM

I hardly get any post these days other than unsolicited rubbish so no I don't miss the odd delivery
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I know it’s a silly question but l think it’s always nice to receive a letter.... maybe not the bills though!

What about you, do you like receiving letters and miss not getting them on Bank Holidays?
No, most of the mail we receive is junk, or business/financial communications, or health issues. No one we know writes us personal letters thank goodness, we are in contact with them by phone or e-mail.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 11:33 AM

My postbox is at my gate and l suppose, l am so used to going down each day to check if there’s any post, that when it’s a bank holiday, it puts me out of sync!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 11:34 AM

Still surprised, but nowadays only mildly, that with such ease, some folks gladly wave bye bye, to our heritage.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-04-2018, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
No, most of the mail we receive is junk, or business/financial communications, or health issues. No one we know writes us personal letters thank goodness, we are in contact with them by phone or e-mail.
Meg and Tara, You must receive Birthday cards and Christmas cards?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Still surprised, but nowadays only mildly, that with such ease, some folks gladly wave bye bye, to our heritage.
What heritage?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My postbox is at my gate and l suppose, l am so used to going down each day to check if there’s any post, that when it’s a bank holiday, it puts me out of sync!!

Art, my friend lives in a very beautiful, posh, tiny village not far from here, a real thatched cottage village, hardly the sort you would expect much in the way of crime. I don't think there is even a policeman.

Anyhow, her postbox is also at the bottom of her drive and 2 weeks ago she found it had been tampered with and broken into.
Within days she has had 3 companies contact her asking about their credit cards she had applied for!
Of course, none if it was true and she contacted her bank.
Whoever pinched her mail had got her name and address details.

It has just made me more aware of what can happen if mail deliveries that are not posted direrctly into our doors now.
Don't want to frighten you, but just be aware.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 11:42 AM

God save Little Shops, China Cups and Virginity.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top