Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 02:49 PM

Tusk - Hated by his own people

Reuters, today ....

The peace and harmony continues in the EU with Tusk getting the respect he deserves from his own people and state TV

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-eu...-idUKKCN1SD1CK
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 03:35 PM

Re: Tusk - Hated by his own people

He spent the first 32 yrs of his life under the influence of Communism, so I fail to see how any such person should be in a position to dictate democracy to anyone including the UK.
There are plenty more like him too, from other European countries that were under Communist or German occupation until relatively recently.

This I have been saying for long enough. Backing it up was a lady interviewed only a few weeks . She was a Russian who now lives in UK. She said Europe was now becoming more like the Russia she left behind.

Hardly surprising really, when we think about it !
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
He spent the first 32 yrs of his life under the influence of Communism, so I fail to see how any such person should be in a position to dictate democracy to anyone including the UK.
There are plenty more like him too, from other European countries that were under Communist or German occupation until relatively recently.

This I have been saying for long enough. Backing it up was a lady interviewed only a few weeks . She was a Russian who now lives in UK. She said Europe was now more becoming more like the Russia she left behind. Hardly surprising really, when we think about it !

Yep totally agree

The EU was dreamed up by and, is now run by ex communists. They even have a building in the EU parliament named after one if the founding communists Aldo Spinelli.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
There are plenty more like him too, from other European countries that were under German occupation until relatively recently.

This I have been saying for long enough. Backing it up was a lady interviewed only a few weeks . She was a Russian who now lives in UK. She said Europe was now becoming more like the Russia she left behind.
You must be not only over 50, but over 80. We were liberated by the canadians (and americans) in 1945. Very relativity, hardly recent.

The lady is living in the EU, or did the UK leave recently?
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You must be not only over 50, but over 80. We were liberated by the canadians (and americans) in 1945. Very relativity, hardly recent.

You say we were liberated by the Canadians and Americans in 1945. Please tell me who was occupying this country that had to be 'liberated'.
If I remember rightly an attempt was made to invade this country by Nazi Germany. but was aborted. Why? Because this was Britain and we were not going to be invaded by anyone.
Over 50 or 80? I am over 90 and was here during those dark days .
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
You say we were liberated by the Canadians and Americans in 1945. Please tell me who was occupying this country that had to be 'liberated'.
If I remember rightly an attempt was made to invade this country by Nazi Germany. but was aborted. Why? Because this was Britain and we were not going to be invaded by anyone.
You might have a look at where I live.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->

I think you'll find that the reason the right wing knob head didn't invade BRITAIN is because he invaded Russia instead.

He, like you, didn't know his history, did he?

Just more jingoistic claptrap.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 05:43 PM

Hi

I simply do not see the relevance.

Loads here despise our Politicians, and with good reason.

We can hardly lecture others with the bunch we have got.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
I think you'll find that the reason the right wing knob head didn't invade BRITAIN is because he invaded Russia instead.

He, like you, didn't know his history, did he?

Just more jingoistic claptrap
That is insufferably rude.

Maybe Ben didn't realise Solasch isn't a British citizen?
Maybe because he's new he doesn't know you can see a poster's country of origin?

Maybe at his age he deserves a little respect, after all he's lived through/witnessed a damn sight more history than the rest of us.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->

Very clever, editing my post to suit your own ambitions

I wrote : There are plenty more like him too, from other European countries that were under Communist or German occupation until relatively recently.

So let's see , should we ?

Latvia
Hungary
Croatia
Romania
Bulgaria
East Germany
Poland
Slovakia
Slovenia

All of them plus more until around about 1990 were under communist ruling parties. That's only 20 yrs ago.

No, I'm not 80 or even 70 . and the lady lives in England , she is Russian .. I am not European by birth I am English and I live in England.
Get over it !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top