Join for free
View Poll Results: Who will you vote for at the European Elections?
Conservative 1 1.89%
Labour 0 0%
Change UK 1 1.89%
Green Party 1 1.89%
Liberal Democrats 3 5.66%
Northern Ireland Parties 0 0%
Plaid Cymru 1 1.89%
SNP 1 1.89%
Brexit Party 44 83.02%
UKIP 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 10:29 AM

Re: How will you vote at the European Elections?

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I think I'm missing something here. How will Farage and the Brexit Party take us out of the EU? What difference will it make to Brit's Exit if he gets more votes than the others put together?

.... in words of one syllable please.
In theory this is a second referendum d00d, Mrs May will see if we have all forgotten about the results of the previous referendum and hope that she can sweep this whole sorry issue under the table....

And, Nigel Farage and his party will have the overwhelming support of the nation and he can decide if he's still in a job and worth standing in the next General Election.

And number (3)...(did I number 1 & 2 ?)
The European Parliament will be so pi$$ed off they will pay us to leave the EU.....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 10:29 AM

I think I'm missing something here. How will Farage and the Brexit Party take us out of the EU? What difference will it make to Brit's Exit if he gets more votes than the others put together?

They won't d00d! It is seen as a vote against the Tory shilly shallying. Try to frighten them into a no deal exit. All it will do is put Brexiteers in the EU Parliament to rub them up the wrong way.
As if that will help us get a better deal

If we end up staying in heaven help us! They'll not give us an inch.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
They won't d00d! It is seen as a vote against the Tory shilly shallying. Try to frighten them into a no deal exit. All it will do is put Brexiteers in the EU Parliament to rub them up the wrong way.
As if that will help us get a better deal

If we end up staying in heaven help us! They'll not give us an inch.
That's the whole point though Tess, we don't want a deal at all until we are out....Then we can talk deals....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's the whole point though Tess, we don't want a deal at all until we are out....Then we can talk deals....
If we don't have workers rights etc written in stone won't the Tories be able to do as they please, not looking forward to them being unaccountable to anyone.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 10:54 AM

In the E U el ec tions, noth ing!

If and when his par ty is el ec ted to gov ern ment in the next G E, he will be in a po si tion to ap ply (or re- ap ply) Ar ti cle 5 0, this time with out an y res tric tions.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
If the US economists are right , then we are heading for another recession, although not this year. So I doubt Europe will survive a second recession, and as the EU are talking about it, maybe it won't matter who gets elected into the positions of MEP's as it will be the survival of the fittest, and probably if UK have left at that point, we will be in a far better position than last time .
Rule Britannia !
If the US continues to turn its back on the world, the EU goes into recession and china focuses on flooding the rest of the world with more cheap exports that does not leave us ruling anything. The US and EU are big trading partners. I will never understand why people fail to grasp the implications of that.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 02:16 PM

Right .. thanks for that.

I'm a remainer by nature, now I support the idea of Leave No Deal.

Just saw Ms May on the tele, saying ... if you don't support this deal it's "no deal or no brexit". Does she have the power to do another ref. with those two options? If so, surely the majority will go for "leave no deal".

Sorry I know it's all been discussed to death, but it's voting day tomorrow and I'm doing last minute revision.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 03:52 PM

Right .. thanks for that.

I'm a remainer by nature, now I support the idea of Leave No Deal.

Just saw Ms May on the tele, saying ... if you don't support this deal it's "no deal or no brexit". Does she have the power to do another ref. with those two options? If so, surely the majority will go for "leave no deal".

Sorry I know it's all been discussed to death, but it's voting day tomorrow and I'm doing last minute revision.
Sorry Dood, but you did say words of one syllable!

As for Maybot, I shouldn't take much notice of her if I were you. She's nothing more that a repetitive boring old fart who will probably be out of office in the near future. No-one else takes any notice of her anyway.

Actually, I'm not sure exactly what her two 'options' were. You said she said "no deal or no Brexit", whereas every time I've heard her its has been "my deal or no Brexit". Are you sure she's actually changed her tune and accepted "no deal" as an option?

If you want my opinion, I wouldn't advise anyone to vote for a liar (May) or a terrorist supporter (Compo). The Limp Dems, although staying strictly in favour of "no Brexit" of any description, I believe have only gained a few more votes than they have before only because some have voted for them as a protest against the Conservative's anti democratic stance.

My simple answer is that if you honestly support our leaving the EU with no deal (as you have said), there is only one political party which has said they would support leaving the EU without a deal, and that is the Brexit Party.

We are not facing a general election yet, though, so you might ask how can the BP obtain a no-deal Brexit? The answer is that it can't - directly. What it can do are two things:

- They can, and will, represent the majority of people in this country in the EU Parliament. In so doing they can make a real nuisance of themselves, presumably with the ultimate intention of persuading the EU leaders to reject any more of Maybot's ridiculously repetitive deals and any other such deals that may be forthcoming from her eventual replacement.

- They can, and already have, publicise to both people in this country and the EU leaders - by gaining such a large majority of votes - the fact that more and more people demand a no-deal Brexit. That itself would induce more support for them when the next general election comes along. In government of course, especially with a working majority, they can ensure we leave without any restrictions assuming that we haven't already done so.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
In the E U el ec tions, noth ing!

If and when his par ty is el ec ted to gov ern ment in the next G E, he will be in a po si tion to ap ply (or re- ap ply) Ar ti cle 5 0, this time with out an y res tric tions.
Brillant response.

But don't make it a habit.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-05-2019, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Brillant response.

But don't make it a habit.
Thanks. I try to be funny!

Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top