Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 08:30 AM

Exercise anyone

I used to be a fitness fanatic but then found other pleasure, Brandy, Whiskey, Good food days out which led me to being a bit overweight.

After getting trapped nerves I have started to exercise more and I am now starting to want to exercise all of the time again.

Do you exercise or just except what happens to you body?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 09:17 AM

Re: Exercise anyone

I do exercise after suffering 3 heart attacks, I now exercise daily 7 days a week.
I play badminton or table tennis Mon.Tues,Wed, and Friday, with an old folks club.
I circuit train on Thursday and get my bike out Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting.
I feel well again, but I have to keep it up, there is no half measures.
I am 73 years young
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I do exercise after suffering 3 heart attacks, I now exercise daily 7 days a week.
I play badminton or table tennis Mon.Tues,Wed, and Friday, with an old folks club.
I circuit train on Thursday and get my bike out Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting.
I feel well again, but I have to keep it up, there is no half measures.
I am 73 years young
Gosh Arthur you put me to shame

I do get a fair bit of exercise though walking Chloe three times a day everyday and running around with the babies as well as housework and gardening.
Lifting three babies up for nappy changes and cuddles is a good substitute for weight lifting
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 10:37 AM

I don't do "formal" type exercise like running or going to the gym. I am like Meg, I walk a lot with the dog and run after the children. I can confirm that lifting toddlers and picking up after them is good exercise. I am not sure I keep as fit as I should be, especially in Winter, but I think I would quickly lose interest in the gym and running. Once the weather turns around the gardening will help me keep fitter - hopefully.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 12:15 PM

I can wiggle my toes and flex my ankle. That's all the Physio-terrorist will allow me to do for the moment.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 04:54 PM

I should do more exercise although I do count housework as such I have an exercise bike but need a lot of motivation before I'll use it. These dark and gloomy days push exercise to the back of my mind ...... come Spring and I'm sure the pedaling will start in earnest!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 05:01 PM

I try and do quite a bit of walking but can't at the moment due to painful leg. I hope it sorts itself soon. I am having to put the dogs in the car and take them to a field where I can throw the ball with the launcher so that they get the running without me having to walk too much.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 05:02 PM

I did some very strenuous exercise this afternoon, - I walked into my kitchen and took a lemon meringue out of the freezer, put it on a plate, returned to my recliner, allowed it to defrost and ate it!!!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 05:25 PM

I will have to add that to my routine Uncle Joe
We have a saying at the club "Use It Or Lose It"
We all know that if we don't use our muscles they gradually waste away, well people don't realise that their heart is a muscle, that is why I do so much cardio, I don't want to lose it.
Keep up the exercise folks so important to your life's longevity.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 05:45 PM

I enjoy walking, there is so much heart disease in both sides of my family, so I take my health very seriously

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top