Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 09:16 PM

Re: I've got cancer!

I am very sorry to hear your news, its hard but try and stay positive, my mum had the same op 15 years ago and within no time she was fighting fit.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 09:18 PM

Sorry to hear your news. Just like the lady's have all said above, think positive.
I am sure you are going to be fine. Best wishes to you.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

09-08-2012, 09:28 PM

Best wishes to you Alison, I am sure all will be well in the end and we need you to play for us.

I have taken the liberty of sending you a PM

George
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 09:37 PM

Two of the wife's Sisters had the same operation years ago Alison and there's not a bother on them, the shock of hearing the news is the worst part, chin up, as Lynne says you'll be right as rain by Christmas.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 09:49 PM

Aw AC please do stay positive. You will come thru' the op with flying colours. A friend of mine had that and had the same op a good number of years ago now and still going strong.

So sorry to hear the news none-the-less and healing vibes going to you.

With all the thoughts from all your friends on here, you will be fine.

Hugs to you xxxx
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 10:58 PM

Thank you all for your very kind replies. I will try and stay positive, it's just that this major operation for someone my size is very high risk, I just wish I had a bit more time to lose a bit more weight, still that's my fault for piling it on. I can probably manage to lose another stone before the op and it all helps. I know it's a very common operation. Still it's got to be done.

A good bit of advice Janela about buying new nighties and mags although in hospital you have to wear those awful gowns don't you.

Anyway I just thought I would let you all know and I will keep you informed.

Love to you all from Alison x
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Allicat - I'm sorry - that is bad news and takes some getting to grips with, I know. I had to undergo a radical open hysterectomy for the same thing about 4 years ago, aged 61. It is possible to overcome this; I am still here 4/5 years on. Fear is the worst thing about it all, I think, so try not to worry too much. Anaesthetic can be a big frightener, but it is very sophisticated these days and you will come out of it. The epidural will help no end afterwards. Be strong and think positive. Ask them to help you through the surgery emotionally and also post surgery if you feel you need it. Support groups for women who have had hysterectomies are sometimes very helpful.
Kind regards
Rena
Thanks for that Rena, it's comforting to know you had the op done at an older age the same as me. I'm glad everything went well for you. I know cancer isnt what it used to be, alot of people live with it and get over it. I will look up support groups.

Thanks from Alison x
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 01:03 AM

Sorry to hear your news Alicat but I'm sure these days this kind of operation is looked on as routine and you will be as right as rain before you know it. If your hospital has wi fi you could take a laptop with you and keep yourself amused all day. Best wishes for a very speedy recovery.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 08:54 AM

From One Alison to another you will conquer this girl, you are a woman you can do it.Go Girl.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 09:03 AM

Alison darlin' I too will be thinking of you - good luck with the operation. The hospital will want you mobile again as soon as possible after the operation so you'll be given a zimmer frame to help you. Little tip - don't try and do too much too soon - take it very gently.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top