Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 11:46 AM

Re: I've got cancer!

Hi Alicat sorry to hear your news.

Like everybody else has said please try to stay positive! xxx
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Sorry to hear your news Alicat but I'm sure these days this kind of operation is looked on as routine and you will be as right as rain before you know it. If your hospital has wi fi you could take a laptop with you and keep yourself amused all day. Best wishes for a very speedy recovery.
Thank you clumsy, that would be great to take your laptop into hospital. I don't think it's got wifi unfortunately.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
From One Alison to another you will conquer this girl, you are a woman you can do it.Go Girl.
Thanks Alison, I am a woman and I can do it.
Alicat
West Berkshire

10-08-2012, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Alison darlin' I too will be thinking of you - good luck with the operation. The hospital will want you mobile again as soon as possible after the operation so you'll be given a zimmer frame to help you. Little tip - don't try and do too much too soon - take it very gently.
Thank you for your kind words and advice Uncle Joe. From when I first reported this to the doctor 'till now it's been four months so I hope I do get the op done next month.

Yes I can do with a zimmer frame, and I wont do too much too soon. My husband is taking a month off work to look after me. Thanks x
Alicat
West Berkshire

10-08-2012, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kath 131 ->
Hi Alicat sorry to hear your news.

Like everybody else has said please try to stay positive! xxx
Thanks Kath.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 04:48 PM

Alison darlin' - another tip - after the operation, ask the nurses for OROMORPH - this is liquid morphine - in 10ml doses it REALLY does ease or kill the pain. On discharge, ask nurses to give you 100ml bottle of Oromorph plus a box of ZAPAIN (Co-Codomol). Oromorph at 4-hourly intervals, interspersed with 2 x Zapain tablets also 4-hourly but two hours apart from the Oromorph. Continue dosing throughout the day BUT never more than 8 Zapain in 24 hours. Zapain & Oromorph do have one unfortunate side effect for which you'll also need to take Senacot
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 04:58 PM

i dont think you will have pain if you are having an epidural, at least not until you can cope with it, i had one when I had half my bowel removed. Make sure you get pain killers to come home with.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Thank you clumsy, that would be great to take your laptop into hospital. I don't think it's got wifi unfortunately.
It might be worth checking Alicat. Most hospitals here have wifi and I'm sure many in UK will have too.
Alicat
West Berkshire

10-08-2012, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Alison darlin' - another tip - after the operation, ask the nurses for OROMORPH - this is liquid morphine - in 10ml doses it REALLY does ease or kill the pain. On discharge, ask nurses to give you 100ml bottle of Oromorph plus a box of ZAPAIN (Co-Codomol). Oromorph at 4-hourly intervals, interspersed with 2 x Zapain tablets also 4-hourly but two hours apart from the Oromorph. Continue dosing throughout the day BUT never more than 8 Zapain in 24 hours. Zapain & Oromorph do have one unfortunate side effect for which you'll also need to take Senacot
Thank you Uncle Joe, I'll write down those medications. I know the surgeon said I will have antibiotics after the op. Thanks again.
Alicat
West Berkshire

10-08-2012, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
i dont think you will have pain if you are having an epidural, at least not until you can cope with it, i had one when I had half my bowel removed. Make sure you get pain killers to come home with.
Thanks for that advice annie, sorry to hear you had to have half your bowel removed. I'll make sure they give me painkillers. Thanks again.

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top