Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 09:41 PM

Re: Slow cooker

I have two a small crockpot big enough for three and a larger one. Never had tough meat always falling apart. Wouldn't be without one, meal ready if you go out....great...I do seal meat and chicken before it goes into the slow cooker though I think this is a habit from cooking in the oven many years ago.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 10:35 PM

I have a good tip for you that could save you a lot of money - become a vegan like myself. I have been horrified with the amount of fat that I have had to pour out of my cooker tray from so called low fat chicken. I have had enough of the stinky stuff. Not eaten any meat or fish for probably 2 months. I gets me protein from various foods but boost it with a few red peanuts. I have lost weight and feel great.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 11:40 PM

latest news on vegetarians:

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/04/04...cer-says-study

keep eating the meat ladies!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
latest news on vegetarians:

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/04/04...cer-says-study

keep eating the meat ladies!
Lol. You are going to have to come up with a better basis for an argument than that.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 12:05 AM

don't have to come up with anything if I chose not to? - where's you evidence by the way?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

06-04-2014, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
don't have to come up with anything if I chose not to? - where's you evidence by the way?
Well there might be something in this study. It could well be some vegetarians are simply being so without giving it some thought. If you do without meat and restrict your diet severely you need to make sure you are still getting all the protein, vitamins and minerals your body needs, but this also the case with meat eaters - though not with regard to protein.

I supplement my diet with 3 mineral and vitamin tablets, thereby giving my body all the calcium, iron, B12 and others it needs to make sure there is no short fall in any of them.

Lack of calcium - damage to bones and joints
B12 and lack or iron - no energy and listless

And so on ...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Lol. You are going to have to come up with a better basis for an argument than that.

Homo sapiens are (by design - check out your teeth) omnivores - i.e. we are designed to eat both flesh and vegetables and fruit. I do eat all of them as I enjoy the taste of flesh when it is cooked properly and thoroughly and well presented and served with a pile of veg. I also eat fruit, sometimes raw and sometimes wrapped in pastry and served with custard and/or icecream. I enjoy ALL my food!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I have a good tip for you that could save you a lot of money - become a vegan like myself. I have been horrified with the amount of fat that I have had to pour out of my cooker tray from so called low fat chicken. I have had enough of the stinky stuff. Not eaten any meat or fish for probably 2 months. I gets me protein from various foods but boost it with a few red peanuts. I have lost weight and feel great.
I was a vegan for about 2 years made myself very ill, if you are a good vegan then it's a wonderful way to live but if like me you aren't then it's safer to be a vegetarian which has a more forgiving diet and it's harder to go wrong with.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 12:37 PM

Maybe I overcook. I'll be sure to do another one some time soon, most probably my favourite, pork and cider, plus apple. Mmmmmmm.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Maybe I overcook. I'll be sure to do another one some time soon, most probably my favourite, pork and cider, plus apple. Mmmmmmm.

Yes Jan darlin' - Pork cooked IN cider in the slow cooker overnight - fabulous!!! and gives the kitchen a wonderous smell in the morning.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top