Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 05:06 PM

Re: EU travel after 31 Oct

Hi

Irrespective of what Boris says, nothing changes until the end of the Transition Period, which is currently December 2020.

We will still be paying in until then.

My definition of leaving is the end of the Transition Period which is the day we stop paying to remain in the Single Market.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Irrespective of what Boris says, nothing changes until the end of the Transition Period, which is currently December 2020.

My definition of leaving is the end of the Transition Period which is the day we stop paying to remain in the Single Market.
Thanks Swimmy, you have confirmed my suspicions about THE
DEAL!?
Donkeyman!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 03:28 PM

Hi

I appreciate your take on it swimmy, but we ARE leaving the EU on 31 January 2020. Nothing changes that date except a new extension if asked for.

I know nothing will change during the transition period that comes next after that date and that we will still be paying in for a further 12 months whilst trade negotiations take place, fair enough, we can just about swallow the fact that we have to adhere to the same EU rules for the next 12 months after January 2020,(as long as they don't try to pull a fast one on us) but it still doesn't detract from the fact that we will be deemed to have officially left the EU by the end of next month!

That is the only date on my Radar as it is the only date that matters.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 05:11 PM

Hi

It will be a world first if we can negotiate a deal within 12 months and get it approved by all the EU Parliaments and Regional Parliaments.

The kind of deal we get has yet to be determined.

Between now and 31st January we have to pass the legislation to transfer 4 million pages of EU Legislation into UK Law and then. after 1st February we have to start getting rid of the bits we do not want any longer.

We have not even agreed what our rules will be for Immigration and until we do that we cannot build the computer programme.

Your faith in Boris and Co is much greater than mine.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 08:17 PM

Hi

Between now and 31st January we have to pass the legislation to transfer 4 million pages of EU Legislation into UK Law and then. after 1st February we have to start getting rid of the bits we do not want any longer.
Sorry to disagree. You have till end of december 2020 to amend the laws.
It is estimated that approximately 20,000 laws deriving from the EU have been given effect within domestic law. These need to be assessed and then, as appropriate, repealed, revoked or retained, depending upon their relevance and significance. The job of retaining EU law is made more challenging both by the timescale involved and because the powers given to the Government must be sufficiently flexible to take account of a rapidly changing context, including the prospect of an implementation period for the proposed withdrawal agreement, up to 31 december 2020.
the sheer volume of EU law means there is no prospect of its being replaced with new UK legislation by 31 januari 2020 — ‘exit day’. To avoid an enormous legal black hole from arising, the Withdrawal Act 2018 will take a snapshot of EU law as it exists immediately before Brexit, converting it into domestic law: a huge, and imperative, exercise in legislative copying and pasting. A good deal of EU law that currently applies in the UK is predicated upon its being a member state: such law will simply not make sense following Brexit. The Act therefore gives ministers time-limited powers to amend domestic law (including, but not only, retained EU law) to address ‘deficiencies’ arising from Brexit.

In conclusion, all EU laws will be valid post brexit, unless it is changed in time by the ministers in boris' cabinet. In reality that means civil servants prepare these changes. As boris (and cummings) is planning to overhaul the civil service, I'm betting a lot of EU law will remain unchanged.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top