Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 08:50 PM

Re: Mother kills her own children

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Just checked The Indie, Guardian and Mail. All say she's 34 and he's 37.

Beg your pardon Ray, I think you were right - sorry.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Its a discussion about something that was on the news Arty, at this moment in time everything is speculation as no one knows what really took place and why.

I can't see anything wrong with discussing a news item, if it wasn't meant to be discussed they wouldn't report it in the first place.

I've have the same discussion with my friend tonight so discussing it here with people who I think of as friends is just the same to me. x
Lion Queen, l am not complaining about the thread at all just questioning why it has been allowed.
It’s just that any police case reported in the newspaper, specifically states words to the effect of...... For Legal Reasons We Won’t Be Taking Any Comments On This Story.

You all chat away, don’t take any notice of me.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 09:48 PM

Have a look at the mother's facebook account and you'll see why the press don't allow comments.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If that is so Art, how come all the newspapers and TV can report about it?
Mups, They can report it but they don’t allow comments from the public. Maybe, something could be said that can jeopardise an investigation or court case?
Please, as l said, don’t take any notice of me. I’m just being a scaredy-cat!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Have a look at the mother's facebook account and you'll see why the press don't allow comments.

Don't allow comments where? and from/to whom?

I don't do Facebook so don't understand.

I'd have thought if something had been made public knowledge, the public are bound to discuss it.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:36 PM

Newspapers like the DM will carry articles about this but won't allow readers comments while on Facebook anything goes, death threats being mild and very common whether the posters have any idea of the reality of the situation or not. Basically it's pitchfork time for many.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:46 PM

Poor little boys .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 05:24 PM

A judge has blocked any reporting on this case by the Media and not only that has blocked any further investigation on this matter by the police and the Home office.

Time will tell.

Think the Mods should lock this thread
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
A judge has blocked any reporting on this case by the Media and not only that has blocked any further investigation on this matter by the police and the Home office.

Time will tell.

Think the Mods should lock this thread
A media block?

It's on BBC1 News now...
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
A media block?

It's on BBC1 News now...
Anything that was reported before the block came still be quoted.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top