Join for free
Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 10:06 AM

Re: Royal trip to Pakistan

I think what people are sick of is this constant attempt to pull the wool over our eyes, pretending that the royals are ordinary people with ordinary lives. They are not! They are extremely privileged. Yes, they are entitled to have a holiday (despite the fact they are on permanent holiday) but they should be made to pay for it and certainly not try to disguise it as an official visit.

If the royal hangers on wish to survive, they need a new set of spin doctors because their drivel no longer convinces the majority of us; all this whingeing and weeping in public is not helping and doesn't wash with us.

This latest debacle is a good example. If you watch the film, it is as though Harry started to laugh about something, suddenly realised that that would be inappropriate so turned on the tears instead.

Now Mrs Debacle is complaining about her struggle as a 'vulnerable pregnant woman' - She should try doing a full time job and running a household like a lot of women have to. - Give us a break FFS.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 11:16 AM

It's like their clothing....why the need to spend so much money on outfits..

Because they are millionaires...even if I was a millionaire ,I could never justify paying thousands of pounds for an outfit...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think what people are sick of is this constant attempt to pull the wool over our eyes, pretending that the royals are ordinary people with ordinary lives. They are not! They are extremely privileged. Yes, they are entitled to have a holiday (despite the fact they are on permanent holiday) but they should be made to pay for it and certainly not try to disguise it as an official visit.

If the royal hangers on wish to survive, they need a new set of spin doctors because their drivel no longer convinces the majority of us; all this whingeing and weeping in public is not helping and doesn't wash with us.

This latest debacle is a good example. If you watch the film, it is as though Harry started to laugh about something, suddenly realised that that would be inappropriate so turned on the tears instead.

Now Mrs Debacle is complaining about her struggle as a 'vulnerable pregnant woman' - She should try doing a full time job and running a household like a lot of women have to. - Give us a break FFS.

Does FFS...mean...for flips sake...I'm sure it does.

I do agree with some,of what you say.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Does FFS...mean...for flips sake...I'm sure it does.

I do agree with some,of what you say.
That depends on how much of it you agree with.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

I couldn't believe when I read yesterday that she is saying how hard it is, of course it's gonna be hard marrying into such a high profile family, She knew what she was getting into when she married a royal, the royals are in the public eye so she needs to shut up with her moaning. FFS indeed
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 02:12 PM

Yes I get really shocked at the amount spent on dresses especially when your told it's by so and so the top designer in the world and cost two thousand pounds for a dress and more . Then I think of those who are job seeking on £72 a week .

Injustice in my eyes
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 02:54 PM

Colossal waste of money.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-10-2019, 02:57 PM

We can all moan....but such is life.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 03:05 PM

What amazes me is that we freely consent to this .
Huge amounts of public money spent on wealthy people to have a jolly to what end ?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-10-2019, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What amazes me is that we freely consent to this .
Huge amounts of public money spent on wealthy people to have a jolly to what end ?

Do we have a choice?

Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top