Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 07:31 AM

Re: At Last, Andrew Mitchell has Gone

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Wrong again Joe, it was Ken Mackaill chairman of the West Mercia Police federation and Puppet, Ed Millibrand who watned Andrew Mitchell sacked.
I think you'll find Bob that senior Back-bench tories were also condemning Andrew Mitchell. Besides which, what of Norman Tebbitt's article in the papers yesterday??? Is he too a puppet of Ed Milliband???
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 09:35 AM

Anyway, he's gone and the sensible thing would have been for him to have gone earlier. Cameron has done himself and his party no good by thinking things would cool down. To me it is this that shows me how far apart from the rest of us many of them are. It seems like there is a different mentality at work. In spite of his denial I do beleive he called the policeman (or was it a woman) a pleb. I think he miffed at being challenged and lost his temper - I think we deserve better than someone as arrogant as this man.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Anyway, he's gone and the sensible thing would have been for him to have gone earlier. Cameron has done himself and his party no good by thinking things would cool down. To me it is this that shows me how far apart from the rest of us many of them are. It seems like there is a different mentality at work. In spite of his denial I do beleive he called the policeman (or was it a woman) a pleb. I think he miffed at being challenged and lost his temper - I think we deserve better than someone as arrogant as this man.
But that equally applies to his former boss too Rena darlin'
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
But that equally applies to his former boss too Rena darlin'
I think you are right Uncle Joe. Cameron seems to be uninspiring and weak to me. Conservative or Labour - at the moment neither party seems to have any inspirational leaders to me (either up in front or waiting behind).
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think you are right Uncle Joe. Cameron seems to be uninspiring and weak to me. Conservative or Labour - at the moment neither party seems to have any inspirational leaders to me (either up in front or waiting behind).
You are dead right Rena, there is a dearth of talent out there but it's not just us unfortunately, just have a look across the pond and see the best that America can come up with.....it's terrifying...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

22-10-2012, 07:30 PM

I don't think I would trust Mitt Romney as far as I could chuck him Barry and I hope Barack Obama will get back in for another term. I think he is OK.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 08:30 PM

The best there was of recent times unfortunately died in 1999.

Screaming Lord Sutch
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

22-10-2012, 09:08 PM

I remember him Antibrown - I saw him in the Esquire Club in Sheffield and he could put on a good show, especially with his toilet seat round his shoulders. I believe he died in London, sadly in quite unhappy circumstanes.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

23-10-2012, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
The best there was of recent times unfortunately died in 1999.

Screaming Lord Sutch
No Bob, I can better that - Aneurin Bevan, or Michael Foot (in his prime).
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2012, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No Bob, I can better that - Aneurin Bevan, or Michael Foot (in his prime).
Nah! Joe, you need someone with a bit of humour.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top