Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 04:44 PM

Driverless Cars !

This will be the future, a car that drives itself ...
Would you opt for that - not me.
I wouldn't feel safe at all - constant worry of a malfunction.
Could you relax behind the wheel.....?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 05:43 PM

Re: Driverless Cars !

I think I would love one couldn't be worse than me I feel so much safer, theoretically it might even over take and turn right !!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 05:49 PM

Interesting to hear that - thought it would be a resounding no !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 08:33 PM

But who would you blame in an accident?
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 08:38 PM

I think they're here already...they way some cars whiz past....no I don't think I'd feel safe in one...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 08:42 PM

Me being a non driver all my life having successfully survived several attempts by those near and dear to me to take lessons and 'Get on the road', and much to the relief of the innocent public. I don't think there are any happy motorists left in the world today, I used to envy the man in the Esso ad on the cinema back in the 50's, driving through the countryside on the open road with his elbow out through the rolled down window, not another car in sight, and that jingle playing "The Esso sign means happy motoring", all they do today is moan, swear, and get angry with one another.
I would welcome driverless cars for two main reasons, first they can't get drunk and mow down others on the road, and second they can't go rabbiting on forever about the traffic, yes bring them on the sooner the better.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 08:44 PM

This will be the future, a car that drives itself ...
Would you opt for that - not me.
I wouldn't feel safe at all - constant worry of a malfunction.
Could you relax behind the wheel.....
They can't be any worse than cars with idiot drivers at the wheel

As long as everyone has them they should be ok, after all it is almost always other drivers that causes the problems.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 09:07 PM

after all it is almost always other drivers that causes the problems.
Precisely. I would vote in favour of them for all drivers - except me, I'll carry on tootling around in my car
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-11-2013, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Me being a non driver all my life having successfully survived several attempts by those near and dear to me to take lessons and 'Get on the road', and much to the relief of the innocent public. I don't think there are any happy motorists left in the world today, I used to envy the man in the Esso ad on the cinema back in the 50's, driving through the countryside on the open road with his elbow out through the rolled down window, not another car in sight, and that jingle playing "The Esso sign means happy motoring", all they do today is moan, swear, and get angry with one another.
I would welcome driverless cars for two main reasons, first they can't get drunk and mow down others on the road, and second they can't go rabbiting on forever about the traffic, yes bring them on the sooner the better.
You make a good point - trouble is the nutter will still be sitting in the car ! But - you've all converted me way of thinking - it may be a good thing, they are 'not' behind the wheel The other positive is the speed - they wont be as fast.....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 10:37 AM

Easy peezy

...but the steering wheel was put on the wrong side.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top