Join for free
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 01:34 PM

Trolls

I enjoy using forums and I'm on three regularly now including this one but my enjoyment on one of them, (NOT here!) is now being spoiled by someone that I knew on another forum or two before.

Almost everything I post there now is sniped at or there are disparaging comments designed to try to annoy me or humiliate me and anything / everything that I post.

Luckily I can block this person on that forum so I don't actually see his drivel but it does still annoy me that some forum users seem to get pleasure from annoying others.

I try to come here as often as I can and I enjoy the banter and the exchange of opinions as much as anyone else.

I've even had useful information on forums in response to something I've posted and sometimes PMs too, (Thanks to Joe for the latest), but I can no longer do this on one of the other forums I use so, for me, this person is achieving his distorted aim of upsetting me!

Why do you think that others sometimes seem to get enjoyment themselves from spoiling the enjoyment of others, whether it be on Forums or anything else? stevmk2
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 01:38 PM

Re: Trolls

No idea why people do this Steve, but just block the person, that's the best thing to do. Can't think of what else you can do but whatever you do, don't respond to their snide remarks because that is what they want.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 01:52 PM

Dont like it either Steve - it took some getting used to, being on a forum - now, I feel at home and know the characters here well enough to know the WUMs when they come on board. Its also easy to spot nasty people too ... In time, you just get used to them and pay them no mind at all
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I enjoy using forums and I'm on three regularly now including this one but my enjoyment on one of them, (NOT here!) is now being spoiled by someone that I knew on another forum or two before.

Almost everything I post there now is sniped at or there are disparaging comments designed to try to annoy me or humiliate me and anything / everything that I post.

Luckily I can block this person on that forum so I don't actually see his drivel but it does still annoy me that some forum users seem to get pleasure from annoying others.

I try to come here as often as I can and I enjoy the banter and the exchange of opinions as much as anyone else.

I've even had useful information on forums in response to something I've posted and sometimes PMs too, (Thanks to Joe for the latest), but I can no longer do this on one of the other forums I use so, for me, this person is achieving his distorted aim of upsetting me!

Why do you think that others sometimes seem to get enjoyment themselves from spoiling the enjoyment of others, whether it be on Forums or anything else? stevmk2
I agree... It happened to ME here.... So the ignore button is the only option if you hope to enjoy the people that actually have something constructive to say.. Trolls are everywhere and on every forum.. You either have to ignore them... or leave.. But since that appears to be their objective... To drive one out... I'm way to subborn... I just ignore.
Libera
Kent
Libera is female  Libera has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 01:58 PM

Steve, this started happening to me on another forum - I made a complaint to the owner of the site but he told me to "make allowances" for the man who apparently has a mental health issue.
To me, this was an inappropriate response as I was still being put down and sneered at in public for my posts, regardless of the man's alleged 'problem'.
I took the view that if he was being protected from complaints in this way, I didn't want to be part of a forum that did this so I deleted my account.
I have since discovered that others have had the same experience and also quit that forum.

Still, there are plenty more sites for us where members appear to be harmonious!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 02:04 PM

I can never for the life of me understand why some people join a forum simple to annoy others and upset them, and thats what they set out to do, but you have them everywhere. I think they are more to be pitied, it's a sad existence when the only pleasure you get from a forum is riling others up.
Have you noticed these people will always quote the rules?, they balance on the edge all the time and have it down to a fine art.
Completely ignoring them is the best I find.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Libera ->
Steve, this started happening to me on another forum - I made a complaint to the owner of the site but he told me to "make allowances" for the man who apparently has a mental health issue.
To me, this was an inappropriate response as I was still being put down and sneered at in public for my posts, regardless of the man's alleged 'problem'.
I took the view that if he was being protected from complaints in this way, I didn't want to be part of a forum that did this so I deleted my account.
I have since discovered that others have had the same experience and also quit that forum.

Still, there are plenty more sites for us where members appear to be harmonious!
All sites that have been around for a while become social groups rather than objective. It comes with the territory. People who have been around for a while tend to be protected no matter how nasty they can be.. why? because they are seen as part of the "family". Like a crazy old uncle. It's a shame.. The only option is to ignore or leave.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 02:09 PM

They are doing you a favour .. this is a great forum stay here ...
I find most members on here are genuine ..
Trolls !!... are there any really ??... It is just members expressing their point of views in different ways ...or needing attention ...
In the real world .. you would ignore people who bothers you or just get up and walk away ... You don't call them trolls .. maybe weirdo's ..
If we were all the same .. then all forum's would be boring ...
I like to read different people opinions .. even through it is total rubbish ..
I feel a forum such as this is open to all sorts of people ...
That is how you get to see the whole picture and understand ...what the human race it all about ...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=AudreyII;380940]All sites that have been around for a while become social groups rather than objective. It comes with the territory. People who have been around for a while tend to be protected no matter how nasty they can be.. why? because they are seen as part of the "family". Like a crazy old uncle. It's a shame.. The only option is to ignore or leave.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that Audrey. I don't see what other choices there are - its one or the other.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 02:22 PM

I think these trolls have dull lives in the real world and so they get attention like SP said and it's their entertainment .
It's a good reason to change your forum name when you go on new forums you won't get him jumping on your back again Steve.

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top