Join for free
Page 3 of 40 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 04:41 PM

Re: Trolls

Just copy this photo, and post it next, and every time he has a go at you.

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 04:44 PM

Good 'un !
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 05:30 PM

like it ..he he
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 05:33 PM

Can we not mention other sites by name please It isn't good net etiquette.
If anyone has a problem with a particular site is is best to contact the Admin of that site with any complaints.

Thank you
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Can we not mention other sites by name please It isn't good net etiquette.
If anyone has a problem with a particular site is is best to contact the Admin of that site with any complaints.
Thank you
My apologies Meg.

I hadn't intended to do so but somehow I didn't notice that, in my efforts NOT to name names, I'd typed the initials of the site. Won't happen again I can assure you.

The Admin on that site has been informed by the way, 2 weeks ago, but the problem still persists. stevmk2
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 05:47 PM

Trolls are a very interesting phenomena - I mean what did they do with their little lives before the internet is what I want to know?

I have always found your postings to be extremely well thought out, polite, interesting and well considered and always enjoy them. I do hope you will continue, I learnt in dog training that you ignore the bad behaviour and simple notice and acknowledge the good - a superb recipe for life I think. Although even I've stooped to quite childish levels on the forum -but hey ho I'm human too.

I have posted in the past, what I consider to be fairly innocent things and been subjected to a degree of abuse and just take advantage of the ignore button. I don't expect people to agree with me and if they advance a well thought out counter argument, I think I'm mature enough to consider this.

I've concluded that sometimes we post things which to us seems completely innocuous and uncontroversial and people somehow read them differently, I make the mistake of trying to explain and somehow that just antagonises them even more!

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I enjoy using forums and I'm on three regularly now including this one but my enjoyment on one of them, (NOT here!) is now being spoiled by someone that I knew on another forum or two before.

Almost everything I post there now is sniped at or there are disparaging comments designed to try to annoy me or humiliate me and anything / everything that I post.

Luckily I can block this person on that forum so I don't actually see his drivel but it does still annoy me that some forum users seem to get pleasure from annoying others.

I try to come here as often as I can and I enjoy the banter and the exchange of opinions as much as anyone else.

I've even had useful information on forums in response to something I've posted and sometimes PMs too, (Thanks to Joe for the latest), but I can no longer do this on one of the other forums I use so, for me, this person is achieving his distorted aim of upsetting me!

Why do you think that others sometimes seem to get enjoyment themselves from spoiling the enjoyment of others, whether it be on Forums or anything else? stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote by Baxter - [IMG]I've concluded that sometimes we post things which to us seems completely innocuous and uncontroversial and people somehow read them differently, I make the mistake of trying to explain and somehow that just antagonises them even more![/IMG]

Happens to us all gal
Have to take the rough with the smooth .....
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 06:54 PM

A Troll is a hairy ugly monster who lives under a bridge.
Pity the ones on the net don't see themselves as this description
as I certainly think they are.
Sorry that you have had such trouble Steve. As mentioned I have
always thought of you as a passive kind of guy, with a lovely wife
who tries to put his story in a good way.
Maybe thats why the trolls see you as easy meat as they have a
victim.
I used to be attacked by a female troll on another site but I told
her where to go and decided to leave that site as I didn't want
to continue with a fight as that's not what I come on line for.
They might think you have been defeated but you have made
your own decision to do whatever. I have a few on here - friends who
also escaped from the idiot and she is now left with only 2 other people
who are males on that site. I hope she enjoys her kingdom. Fool she
is. I personally wont get wrinkles for anyone!!!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 07:03 PM

I think we are discussing two different types of troublesome forum users here. A 'Troll' isn't really a vindictive person but a trouble maker per se. They make contentious threads with a view to causing disruption. What stevmk2 seems to be suffering from is plain and simple cyber bullying, where he is dealing with a vindictive online personality. The latter I have always found to be easy to deal with in that I simply turn the tables on them by winding them up to such an extent they eventually get too personal and either get a warning or get banned.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2013, 07:03 PM

Sorry to hear that's happening to you Steve but morons are everywhere and disguise themselves as bona fide forum members for a while - then their true colours start to show. Like Mark, I generally don't ignore it - why should I? If someone attacks, they deserve everything hurled back at them. Mind you, if you are not of this disposition, it is best to ignore them and hope they'll get bored and go elsewhere. You could always adopt the psych approach and ask them endless questions about why they feel the way they do about something you've said: 'what makes you think that way'; 'what is your opinion on this'; 'how do you feel it can be resolved'; 'how long have you felt this way about XYZ' - that usually riles them no end as they're getting no feedback from you for them to continue with.

Trolls, imo, are weak people in 'real life' so the only way they can have a backbone (so to speak) is via the safety of their monitor and, I suppose, it makes them feel good.

Bear in mind that someone disagreeing with what someone says isn't always a bad thing - it can test theories and beliefs and shows whether or not the poster has shoulders wide enough to handle it and/or accept that their is a view other than their own.

Page 3 of 40 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top