Join for free
Page 3 of 39 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 06:55 PM

Re: Oscar Pistorius

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Been following the case, don't think much of the prosecution lawyer at all.
Needs to really get to grips with this case.

Pats or Ania may help here - could you explain how having your fingers in the mouth of a dying person, is supposed to help them breathe - seems the opposite to me .........
Patsy darlin' to stop the tongue of an unconscious person falling back and blocking off the airway. Its also why the medical profession and other 'first aiders' always put an unconscious person into the 'recovery' position to stop them from choking either on their tongue or vomit.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 06:55 PM

Have to say I think he's guilty, too for the reasons stated above. You would check where your partner was before letting loose with a weapon, surely!! Dragging her downstairs would not have helped her even if she hadn't been so badly hurt.
Think he's playing the sympathy ticket, well I have no sympathy, yes we're all innocent 'til proven guilty in a court of law but we are entitled to our opinion based on court proceedings. Guilty as hell!!!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Have to say I think he's guilty, too for the reasons stated above. You would check where your partner was before letting loose with a weapon, surely!! Dragging her downstairs would not have helped her even if she hadn't been so badly hurt.
Think he's playing the sympathy ticket, well I have no sympathy, yes we're all innocent 'til proven guilty in a court of law but we are entitled to our opinion based on court proceedings. Guilty as hell!!!!!
I agree 100 per cent.

Joe thanks for the reply, I get what you are saying.
I'm not sure of his sanity at all - her head exploded !
Dragging her about was sick and could taint evidence also...
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Patsy darlin' to stop the tongue of an unconscious person falling back and blocking off the airway. Its also why the medical profession and other 'first aiders' always put an unconscious person into the 'recovery' position to stop them from choking either on their tongue or vomit.
Sticking your fingers in the mouth will more than likely induce vomiting!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Sticking your fingers in the mouth will more than likely induce vomiting!
That was my initial thought .......
A neighbour walked in and found him with his fingers in her mouth ..... which he does not deny ...... it would certainly 'block' the airway, not help breathing .....
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 07:16 PM

That was my initial thought .......
A neighbour walked in and found him with his fingers in her mouth ..... which he does not deny ...... it would certainly 'block' the airway, not help breathing .....
I haven't been following the trial..... of course a lay person may think he is helping in some way if the victim appears to be choking...but it's not something I would say is an instinctive thing to do.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-04-2014, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I haven't been following the trial..... of course a lay person may think he is helping in some way if the victim appears to be choking...but it's not something I would say is an instinctive thing to do.
Nor is it instinctive to shoot without checking if its yer partner in the bathroom !
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
It's hard not to compare this to the OJ Simpson trial, and as we know OJ got acquitted.
Of course all we know is what is broadcast by the media, but do you think he will be found guilty or not guilty?
Its very hard to compare this to the OJ trial

The OJ trial had a jury consisting of Blacks not only Blacks but middle aged females 6 of them divorced, 1 Puerto Rican and someone else.... and the victim was White.

The South African Court system is the Napoleon code, guilty unless you can prove you are innocent

Both high profile clebs so he will get away with it unless SA is not as corrupt as I think it is.

And the Judges are Black.... or are thy???
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 08:13 PM

I hope to goodness he gets a really long sentence then whatever the outcome. Are juries not as intelligent as they used to be, I sometimes think this is the case.....not very PC but there you go.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 08:15 PM

Nor is it instinctive to shoot without checking if its yer partner in the bathroom !
Very common in America.

A few weeks ago a Father shot his own daughter when he thought she was a burglar.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...stook-burglar/

Page 3 of 39 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top