Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 07:22 PM

Re: "Lets Get It On!!"

As I've mentioned before, I hate the one for LV. Also the mini bingo girls with the silly heads sponsoring Emmerdale. 118, yes, irritating. And the new Go Compare ad, where people travel in a coach as if they are going on holiday! Not the noisy singer, but annoying even so.

Love Oleg.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
The Royal Caribbean TV Commercial really gets on my bits!
Just mute it...

We mute all the ads.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 09:07 PM

Definitely the 118 ads, really annoying and seems to have been on for years now!
The one I love, as I said on another post is the Eurostar ad, the French accent....mmmmm, could listen all night!! I think it's quite good though, apart from the dishy voiceover.
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 10:17 PM

I love the 'Viking River cruises' adverts - one of my pet ambitions - to do the Danube cruise down to Vienna and Budapest.

Of course, when they say "prices from £399" - that means the cheapest cruise for 1 person sharing a basic cabin. In reality, for a good cabin on a popular cruise, you're talking at least twice that.

I have often though of the River Cruise But from Australia all the deals are for couples (Not One Person)
And the cost STARTS from around $10000.

As for adds I despise them. In Australia to watch a 90 minute movie on the tely usually goes for about 3 hours, sometimes longer. And you may see a series of adds over, and over, and over.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 10:19 PM

I started muting all the ads when that bl***y Barry Scott started advertising Cillitt Bang! Now I only get annoyed at the rictus grinning of the "babe" on the Fifty Plus ad.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 10:34 PM

I don't watch any advertisement if I can avoid it , I use the time to catch up on my laptop
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard;432583[B
]I started muting all the ads when that bl***y Barry Scott started advertising Cillitt Bang! [/B]Now I only get annoyed at the rictus grinning of the "babe" on the Fifty Plus ad.

Oh yes, I'm with you all the way on that one Twiz, don't he get on your wick.
Another one I can't stand is that stupid man who shouts loudly about his bl***y double glazed windows - is it Safestyle or something? I loathe him so much I don't even listen to what he's selling. Irritating ads can actually lose customers.
A third one is those two twerps, one pretending to be American, selling car insurance. Can't think which one for the same reason as above!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:49 PM

Fortunately the ABC doesn't show any ads so I restrict my viewing to their channels. Suits me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top