Join for free
Page 2 of 83 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 12:12 PM

Re: Who Is Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I quite agree Pats, but that doesn't make him any less a hypocrite because others are too.
No, and neither does it make him any more of a hypocrite than others.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
doesn't make him any less a hypocrite because others are too.
Isn't being a hypocrite part of the definition of a modern politician? As the great poet e e cummings once wrote, "a politician is an arse upon which everyone has sat except a man" - or maybe Simon Cameron's definition, "An honest politician is one who when bought stays bought"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 01:44 PM

I have yet to see the programme, I am on the fence at present.
The thing I have noticed is how the press are scratching around for the slightest bit of negative news on him. Its pathetic and they always do it hoping to be our guide on who to vote for, huh - that'll be the day !
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 08:19 PM

Maybe be people should vote for the policies and not the personalities for the sake of this country.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 08:35 PM

Has Farage actually declared any policies though?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Has Farage actually declared any policies though?
http://www.ukip.org/issues
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Maybe be people should vote for the policies and not the personalities for the sake of this country.
What policies would they be for Gods sake?.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What policies would they be for Gods sake?.

Why don't you look at the post above for a start.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 10:21 PM

Wasn't on about Ukip.
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 06:06 PM

My first reply on here. It never ceases to amaze me how virulently anti-European so many people in this country are without having any genuine reason other than nonsense like they're going to outlaw the British sausage and suchlike. Specifically on Farage, just remember this guy is to all intents and purposes, a Conservative with identical policies on just about everything, and the three things he's most associated with - withdrawal from the EU, immigration, and protecting the pound - are core to Conservative philosophy. So how is he or his party any different?

How many anti-Europeans actually experience anything negative that can be directly attributable to our membership? Other than whatever lies are served up in the Daily Mail etc?

All I know is that I have far more in common with the ordinary German/Spaniard/Italian/Pole than I ever could have with the likes of Farage.

Page 2 of 83 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top