Join for free
Page 2 of 34 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 05:38 PM

Re: Does the internet facilitate unpleasant behaviour?

Originally Posted by comeandgo ->
I had a stalker on another forum, it was most unpleasant when he threatened to visit one of my children!
It must be truly awful, you just have to keep in mind it is just words and they cannot touch you in reality. Its still very upsetting .......
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

17-11-2014, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
It must be truly awful, you just have to keep in mind it is just words and they cannot touch you in reality. Its still very upsetting .......
Unfortunately he knew who I am and who my daughter is.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 06:17 PM

Unfortunately he knew who I am and who my daughter is.
Is it over now .....?
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

17-11-2014, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Is it over now .....?
I hope so, he was banned from that particular forum, and I did threaten him with the police if it continued.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-11-2014, 06:27 PM

I hope so, he was banned from that particular forum, and I did threaten him with the police if it continued.
That's good - pathetic creatures aren't they - they really need therapy - a special unit should be set up to house them too - away from computers !
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Does the internet facilitate unpleasant behaviour?

Yes.
Originally Posted by bloggsy ->
And a thousand times yes.
The obvious answer. I guess I really meant "Does the internet ENCOURAGE unpleasant behaviour?"

And I still think the answer is yes...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 07:03 PM

Big differential here maybe, anyone who threatens someone online, or makes unsubstantiated accusations etc etc, should feel the force of the law, if someone chooses to be unpleasant, so what. Imo.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Big differential here maybe, anyone who threatens someone online, or makes unsubstantiated accusations etc etc, should feel the force of the law, if someone chooses to be unpleasant, so what. Imo.
I agree that there is a big differential. I guess I am referring more to the latter. The internet seems to be a magnet for some who want to be unpleasant, albeit within the law. I just wonder if those same people are the same in real life (which mostly I doubt) or if they are 'encouraged' by the anonymity which cloaks them on the internet. It's all a big game, really...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-11-2014, 07:27 PM

'Encourage' is a very apt word and I do believe the internet inspires the behaviour ......
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
While you are right there have always been these people I think the anonymity of the internet means they know there will be no come back so they say what they want with no worries. Imagine some of the things said here in the past being said in real life the WUM would have a flattened nose in no time but with none of us knowing them they get away with it.
Well said Julie.

I believe there are also wolves in sheep's clothing who also take advantage of the internet. Sweetness and light to some, bitter to others.

Schoolchildren have taken their own life through internet bullying. There's been no escape. That's when it's been really despicable.

Page 2 of 34 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top