Join for free
Page 3 of 34 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 11:53 AM

Re: Cliff Richard

Originally Posted by Anzac ->
I do wish they wouldn't give out this kind of information without having positive proof. Whether it's true or not it can destroy lives and reputations.
I agree. It must be awful for a man to be falsely accused ,mud does stick , But it can work both ways ,in court the Man will say he was led on or she was in agreement .or simply she was lying .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I knew this would happen they were shown up as fools when they did that disgraceful house search so publically, and I said when they were told off for doing it watch out they will be out to get him now.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the police force in question do there best to search every nook and cranny for any possible sign of dirt even if they don't really think there is any to be found just to cover up their mistakes.

Names of suspects should not be released until they are charged with an offence, there is plenty of time then for other 'victims' to come forward and have their allegations investigated.
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Unfortunately it is a little more difficult than that. IMO victims who either were not believed at the time or who didn't come forward have to be given the opportunity to come forward now. Again unfortunately it is the nature of our media not to act in a restrained non-sensational manner in their reporting and of course there will always be those making false accusations for their own financial profit none of which should preclude the right of genuine victims to be invited to come forward and have their cases considered by the authorities. Again IMO.
No-one could argue that victims of abuse should not come forward but there is no necessity,IMO, to make this information public until it is proven at least enough for it to go to court.
Whilst it's just rumour and unproved allegation the media should not even know about it!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 03:20 PM

No-one could argue that victims of abuse should not come forward but there is no necessity,IMO, to make this information public until it is proven at least enough for it to go to court.
Whilst it's just rumour and unproved allegation the media should not even know about it!

Yes, I agree with that. It instantly makes people think no smoke without fire, which is something that could happen to any of us.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 03:36 PM

Oh no not that nice Jimmy Saville he does all that work for charity.
Oh no not that nice Rolf Harris he painted the Queen's potrait.
Oh no not that nice Stuart Hall he is such fun.
Oh no not that nice (insert name/s of those you want to exclude from further investigations).

Perhaps you would prefer the police to stop further investigations or at least be blindfold and have one arm tied behind their backs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 03:39 PM

No one has said don't investigate or don't take them to court so not sure why you have posted that ?
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 03:47 PM

[QUOTE=Victors Mate;617032]Oh no not that nice Jimmy Saville he does all that work for charity.
Oh no not that nice (insert name/s of those you want to exclude from further investigations).

Perhaps you would prefer the police to stop further investigations or at least be blindfold and have one arm tied behind their backs.[/QUOTE]

Not at all VM. I think you're missing the point!
I've already said that allegations should be investigated but I think they should not be released to the media until they have been substantiated.

Until it's proven it should not be in the public domain at all. Are the police bound to inform the media of every investigation? No they're not and they shouldn't. IMO.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 04:01 PM

I think that it was a horrible feeling to find that well know figures like Rolf Harris etc were guilty of these crimes.
They were part of our culture almost when growing up so of course people were disappointed and felt so let down almost. Nothing was as it seems and indeed that can be the case in 'nice' families too.

Whether CR is guilty of any offence or not we don't know but I don't think any investigations should be in the public eye.
If there is guilt then there is plenty of time for the sorry tale to become public.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=Anzac;617040]
Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Oh no not that nice Jimmy Saville he does all that work for charity.

Perhaps you would prefer the police to stop further investigations or at least be blindfold and have one arm tied behind their backs.[/QUOTE]

Not at all VM. I think you're missing the point!
I've already said that allegations should be investigated but I think they should not be released to the media until they have been substantiated.

Until it's proven it should not be in the public domain at all. Are the police bound to inform the media of every investigation? No they're not and they shouldn't. IMO.
I agree. Sadly even if someone is innocent somehow we seem to remember what they were accused of so it never goes away. A pity the innocent ones couldn't sue the police.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 04:28 PM

[QUOTE=maursey;617052]

I agree. Sadly even if someone is innocent somehow we seem to remember what they were accused of so it never goes away. A pity the innocent ones couldn't sue the police.
The police are only doing their job - the person/s to sue would be the accusers! Unfortunately when something like this is made public the gold diggers and attention seekers crawl out from under every stone!

I agree that claims should be investigated - I do not agree with trial by media.

Page 3 of 34 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top