Join for free
Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:21 PM

Re: Cashier refused to serv pork sauages

I remember a high profile case 2 years ago. I don't know M&S policy at the present.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...-and-pork.html
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
I never made a statement that my gramma is great , in fact from day one on this forum , made it quit clear , my schooling was none , due to alcholic father that beat us daily , and murdered my mum, but if you like to be little people carry on , seriously what I been through in life , someone trying to have a go at my spelling , is the last thing that's going to get to me , stop embrassing yourself now ,
Can someone please explain to me how, in any way, my posting was "trying to have a go" at Markey's spelling
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:31 PM

A news item from December 2013 is hardly "news". As I remember M & S dealt with the issue in an effective manner to be sure that it doesn't happen again in any of their stores
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Anzac ->
A news item from December 2013 is hardly "news". As I remember M & S dealt with the issue in an effective manner to be sure that it doesn't happen again in any of their stores
Glad you noted that too Anzac. stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:37 PM

There's your answer , and mine

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25488259
happened last year in one store they now have things in place to ensure it can't happen. I still think it's odd because I don't know any religion that says you cannot sell pork ???

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I remember a high profile case 2 years ago. I don't know M&S policy at the present.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...-and-pork.html
They addressed the problem as far as I am aware it can't happen now and I say again no religion says you cannot sell items.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Can someone please explain to me how, in any way, my posting was "trying to have a go" at Markey's spelling
Found out so now saying you are abusing them. Happens on forums all the time. Quite a common way to divert rom the trolling accusation.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:48 PM

Just come back from shopping with my partner , partner went to marks and Spencer's in Holloway road to get a few other food bits , as we got to the tills there was a chap in front of us that just had a bottle of wine , when he got serve we notice this chap stormed off without his wine , at the time I didn't give it much thought ,when my partner was served the cashier put or the iterms through , except the pork sauages , the cashier then said sorry it's against my religion to touch pork , and he ask my girlfriend to take them to the self services tills , she refused saying I am a customer that want a service, the cashier called another member of staff that put the sauages through , I told the cashier he's in the wrong job , he said I can't understand why the management put him on the tills , knowing that his religion bans him for touching pork and alcholic drinks , I was going to have a rant at the management , but couldn't be ask as I have a awfull ear ache , want to get home

Like I said the cashier said he couldn't why the manager put him on the tills ,

In December 2013, Marks & Spencer announced that Muslim checkout staff in the UK could refuse to sell pork products or alcohol to customers at their till.[126] The policy was announced after at least one news outlet reported that customers waiting with goods that included pork or alcohol were refused service, and were told by a Muslim checkout worker to wait until another till became available.[127] The policy applied across all 703 UK M&S stores and prompted a strong backlash by customers.[128]

A company spokesman subsequently apologised and stated that they will attempt to reassign staff whose beliefs may impact their work to different departments, such as clothing

I ask a question who at fault , it's his manager fault ,
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 05:55 PM

oh dear Markey. I'm assuming you're being called a liar?

No, that person should not be working in a supermarket. I'm surprised they even wanted a job there.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

15-03-2015, 05:56 PM

So it didn't actually happen you just wanted to make a point about Muslims ? OK same thing could happen if member of staff was under 18 and I would guess you would shrug that one off and not make this fuss. Happened to me on Thursday in Morrisons the beer I had in my shopping had to be put through by an older member of staff. I accept the law and that people have to learn and went on my way with a thank you and a smile.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Found out so now saying you are abusing them. Happens on forums all the time. Quite a common way to divert rom the trolling accusation.

Julie Julie , abused is what nightmares are made off , thought better of you , if you can't have a discussion , perhaps not ruin post for other members , yes you have every right to denonce my post , but i never direct to what happen to me because someone insulted my gramma , and trolling , Mother's Day today , mine was murdered in 1977 , love to have sent her mother day card , but my life went tits up , victor don't take me for a idiot , you know excatly what you meant in your post , if things were different back then , then perhaps I wouldnt get low life's pointing out my spelling mistakes , funny enough your the first one in years as most people are good

Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top