Join for free
Page 2 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 04:42 PM

Re: Are people who don't like crude jokes 'prissy'?

Well I have been called worse than prissy in my time and it doesn't bother me at all. Different people find different things funny would be an odd world if we all laughed at the same things. Drives me a bit mad when people assume because I don't like some jokes I have no sense of humour because we actually spend a lot of time laughing so must have one.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Depends where you were bought up, schooled, what environments you have worked in, which individuals you have had the fortune/misfortune to communicate with, I.E experiences, I think the more experiences you have had, the less opinions you have of stuff, you just accept it more, maybe.
I've met all sorts and walk away from certain types, always have, always will .........
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 04:52 PM

I'm with Twizard on this...sorry Twizard you're stuck with me!
There's crude which can be hilarious, and there's crude which can be sick and disgusting
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I didn't take it to mean that section May, I thought Alan meant just crude jokes in general conversation, but perhaps I'm wrong.
Anyway, I don't a 'saucy' joke, but I don't like explicit, crude things at all. I also think some people can get away with more than others with what they say. It's probably down to their personality and how it's said.
There's a thread in 'adult humour' which states..('certainly not for the prissy People)
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 04:57 PM

Define Crude, a couple of lines from a Radio 4 sketch late 70s, Chairman "Tibbers, how long have you been with the Company For", Tibbers "Getting on for a bit now Sir", Chairman "Well leave that woman alone, and answer the question".
Chairman "I think that's enough dictation for one day Miss Brahms, we don't want to wear the carpet out".
Is this crude?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 05:00 PM

Being nosey I went to the appropriate section to see what all the fuss was about.
Its not exactly rocket science to obtain the password!!!!!
So I he!d my nose and ventured into the forum....it wasn't until I reached Ventriloquist that I laughed!

And there's quite a crowd watching this thread and that's amused me!!
Hey you lot! Go and play Hangman we need more players!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
There's a thread in 'adult humour' which states..('certainly not for the prissy People)
Yep - you're right gal - it was a result of that title .....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Define Crude, a couple of lines from a Radio 4 sketch late 70s, Chairman "Tibbers, how long have you been with the Company For", Tibbers "Getting on for a bit now Sir", Chairman "Well leave that woman alone, and answer the question".
Chairman "I think that's enough dictation for one day Miss Brahms, we don't want to wear the carpet out".
Is this crude?
Difficult to define 'crude' Spitty, what's crude for one person may not be so for another. Your examples I would say are saucy but not everyone would agree I imagine.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

14-05-2015, 05:33 PM

Well I read the not for prissy people joke and thought it was funny!!
But the one about dictation? I don't get it! I've tried and tried and I just don't get it! So what does that say about me ?

I've just realised the joke is about the first syllable of dictation. Dick? Is that it?
Not the slightest bit funny, just rather pathetic.
I suppose humour dates like everything else...
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I'm with Twizard on this...sorry Twizard you're stuck with me!
There's crude which can be hilarious, and there's crude which can be sick and disgusting
You're both stuck with me too . I agree with you both. I do like a bit of banter and a laugh. I love a bit of innuendo. As long as it's not disgusting.

Page 2 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top