Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 09:31 PM

Re: The EU referendum: YES to remaining in the EU thread.

Well looking at jobs we have lost here I guess we have to make a choice either allow our citizens to do jobs here or all swap countries to work in other countries in Europe. All seems rather odd to me protect people who leave our country and dump on those struggling to find work here. Surely we should be protecting British jobs for British worker first and foremost as otherwise our benefits bill will just keep rising.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I think if anyone is good at their job no employer would get rid of them ..in fact . theirs probably rules against it same as here ,,she could take them to the European human rights court,
In countries like Poland and Czech Republic they have never heard of the European Human rights court and certainly wouldn't worry about such things. They don't even follow the EU law on trading standards let alone 'human rights'

In Czech Republic the border controls spend all their time picking up migrants on one side and immediately ferrying them across the country to be deposited on the other side. You see the border control people carriers flying along the motorways every day
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I think if anyone is good at their job no employer would get rid of them ..in fact . theirs probably rules against it same as here ,,she could take them to the European human rights court,
Lovely view point, but SO naive! Sorry, but it's necessary to become enlightened.
seacroft
york
seacroft is male  seacroft has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 08:54 AM

I am not making my mind up one way or the other until we get the details of the new deal.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 09:45 AM

I'm not decided, I don't pretend to understand politics much but, Cameron is trying to get us a better deal, or so he says, that makes me think if he can we should stay in. Also he wants to scrap human rights as is dictated by the EU, which makes me think we should stay in, as it makes me worry about what he's planning to do if he gets more control. So I start to think this is all a plot to make us vote yes to staying in and we're just being fooled into thinking we have a choice? An expensive ruse?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm not decided, I don't pretend to understand politics much but, Cameron is trying to get us a better deal, or so he says, that makes me think if he can we should stay in. Also he wants to scrap human rights as is dictated by the EU, which makes me think we should stay in, as it makes me worry about what he's planning to do if he gets more control. So I start to think this is all a plot to make us vote yes to staying in and we're just being fooled into thinking we have a choice? An expensive ruse?
I think there's skulduggery going on Tess
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Also he wants to scrap human rights as is dictated by the EU,
Regarding the Human Rights Act - that act allowed Abu Hamza EIGHT YEARS of legal battles to quash his 11 UK convictions - all funded by the Great British public!
Eventually he was extradited to the US where he was found guilty of terror offences and jailed. Although he may have some rights in the USA, as they do NOT have the same human rights act as the UK does, he will not be a major expense to the American public!
The July 2005 London bombings - London police had very strong suspicions about the identify of some of those responsible and decided to act quickly before they could escape. They raided the house and the bombers came out with their hands in the air..............shouting that they demanded their human rights!!!

It needs to be scrapped!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Regarding the Human Rights Act - that act allowed Abu Hamza EIGHT YEARS of legal battles to quash his 11 UK convictions - all funded by the Great British public!
Eventually he was extradited to the US where he was found guilty of terror offences and jailed. Although he may have some rights in the USA, as they do NOT have the same human rights act as the UK does, he will not be a major expense to the American public!
The July 2005 London bombings - London police had very strong suspicions about the identify of some of those responsible and decided to act quickly before they could escape. They raided the house and the bombers came out with their hands in the air..............shouting that they demanded their human rights!!!

It needs to be scrapped!
Not necessarily I think we need to interpret it better and not accept the EU's interference the actual document seems fine, but it's read wrongly and instead of helping causes more problems.
KnickerFarage
London
KnickerFarage is female  KnickerFarage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->

It needs to be scrapped!
yes human rights are such a nuisance aren't they? much better if we could just lynch people we didn't like or put all these damn foreigners and sub humans in a camp where we could gas them. i don't know why someone hasn't thought of it before.

as for the eu yes, yes, yes. we need a strong europe to balance a strong united states of america or china. europe combined is a strong trading block, individually just a bunch of warring tribes.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
the actual document seems fine, but it's read wrongly and instead of helping causes more problems.
If a document as important as this is capable of being wrongly read then it is a 'Not fit for purpose document'

Therefore it should be re-written correctly, anyone with half a brain could do it.

These fancy lawyers on huge salaries just taking the mickey by finding every little comma in the wrong place, every word that they can find that has a dozen different meanings, it's so easy to manipulate the system, and of course the English judges living in their protected and anomynous grand houses can do whatever they want, not answerable to anyone. It's all a big joke.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top