Join for free
Page 3 of 38 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 09:21 AM

Re: Breast feeding in public

Just shows how twisted our thinking is when feeding a child is considered disgusting un-necessary or wrong while women are encouraged to flaunt their body and cake their faces with make up in ways that would have left them being considered nothing better than tarts a few years ago..

Progession is not always a good thing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 09:27 AM

Well I would say cover up at all times in public even on the beach. May be twisted and sad but a little modesty never hurt anyone IMO. Breast feeding can be done modestly and perhaps have a thought to how it can hurt others - many people are infertile and seeing babies feeding really makes their lives harder. I was trying to think what happened years ago and I can remember being out for a day all the families in the pub garden and all the mums sat it the cars feeding the babies so I think people were more discrete.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I would say cover up at all times in public even on the beach. May be twisted and sad but a little modesty never hurt anyone IMO. Breast feeding can be done modestly and perhaps have a thought to how it can hurt others - many people are infertile and seeing babies feeding really makes their lives harder. I was trying to think what happened years ago and I can remember being out for a day all the families in the pub garden and all the mums sat it the cars feeding the babies so I think people were more discrete.
Good thinking, so all should get rid of their cars in case owning one hurts the feelings of a person who cannot afford one.

Little modesty , what is the definition of a little modesty. Who in the first place laid the bench line for this none existing bench mark which at the end of the day is just a imaginary measurement laid down by prudish folk to preach to other folk.

The indigenous inhabitants of Papa New Guinea have been top-less since they first walked upon earth and incurred no wraith from God or the pc brigade.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 10:11 AM

Oh not this old hoo-ha again!...I said all I had to say on the subject first time around.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 10:13 AM

I am guessing you don't have experience of longing for a baby, thankfully so but for those of us who suffer still births and miscarry babies or even cannot get pregnant at all, have a little more hurt and longing than someone wanting a car. and it's really not worthy of you to compare the two.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh not this old hoo-ha again!...I said all I had to say on the subject first time around.
Topics are bound to recur on a forum, the number of debatable topics are not infinite.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I am guessing you don't have experience of longing for a baby, thankfully so but for those of us who suffer still births and miscarry babies or even cannot get pregnant at all, have a little more hurt and longing than someone wanting a car. and it's really not worthy of you to compare the two.
Yesterday my childless wife and I sat having a decent meal which was only ruined by three brats of kids running around and screaming high pitch as loud as possible while the mothers sat yakking ignoring them (despite a very large play area being available), so for me give me a car any-day

Now that did offend me , unlike the subject matter.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Topics are bound to recur on a forum, the number of debatable topics are not infinite.
What's to debate?...It's all been said before mostly by the same Folk about the same thing...I've nout more to add and I've said so.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 10:56 AM

why do womens breasts have to be discreet?? - I see many men walking on the beach exposing their breasts and some of the oldies are quite pendulous!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

02-06-2015, 11:13 AM

Well everyone should be discrete IMO, put it away and save everyone the sights. But I am not popular these days it seems we have to see everything everyone has whether we want to or not.

Page 3 of 38 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top