Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 10:08 AM

family secrets

Our lovely mum , many years ago as a beautiful young mother had a secret that we have uncovered , there are seven of us kids , right little horrors we were too.

When my mum was 60 , we were Watching a cine film from when we were all young. During the film my mum pointed to a handsome young RAF lad in his uniform and told me she had had an affair with him, my surprise and laughter made her smile. She also told my sister.

Mum had a large box of photos and in the box was a photo of this handsome man in his uniform. My sister found it one day and said "is this Johns father " mum burst out laughing and said nothing. You see my younger brother never looked like us.

Mum has been gone 18 years now and recently looking at the photo and showing John how like this man he is we believe him to be his father, even down to a quiff of hair at the front of his head , the nose and chin.

Well we think this is funny , we are not in any way upset or distressed by this as we are open hearted and open minded people and we have also lived our lives. We think of how mum must have felt concerned when pregnant with John , and how she passed him off as dads son.

Mums life was not happy with dad , and we are pleased that during her life with him she had some fun and hopefully was loved by this man , sadly we don't know his name.

Family secrets .....fascinating
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 10:13 AM

Re: family secrets

Does this chap have a name? Does John feel compelled to search for him, or for answers?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 10:18 AM

I will always wonder if anyone knew that one of my uncles was a peeping Tom? A good Methodist on the one hand but also with a habit of creeping around the bushes where couples were known to go.

Such things were not mentioned in small villages.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 10:54 AM

No jazzi we don't have his name. John thinks it's funny and not bothered . The man would be in his nineties now , possibly not here , and we wonder , would he have known ?

Fascinating isn't it X
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 11:06 AM

That is a very interesting story Susan. Nice to read that your brother didn't feel the odd one out.
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
No jazzi we don't have his name. John thinks it's funny and not bothered . The man would be in his nineties now , possibly not here , and we wonder , would he have known ?

Fascinating isn't it X

John thinks it's funny? blimey! the man he grew up with thinking was his father he finds out is not?
I was floored when I got told at age 18 that my brother was not my brother but a step brother!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 12:42 PM

[QUOTE=jodie;664597]John thinks it's funny? blimey! the man he grew up with thinking was his father he finds out is not?
I was floored when I got told at age 18 that my brother was not my brother but a step brother![/QUOTE]

Snap!

But I'm glad Susan's family have taken it as they have, and it didn't alter their love for their Mum, or each other.
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 01:34 PM

OMG you too Mups? families back then were really weird - appearances had to be maintained at all costs & people were told their mother was their sister & all sorts of stuff.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by jodie ->
OMG you too Mups? families back then were really weird - appearances had to be maintained at all costs & people were told their mother was their sister & all sorts of stuff.

Yup. Same age as you were as well. Took me another 49 years to find out more, but I will never know the whole story now.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yup. Same age as you were as well. Took me another 49 years to find out more, but I will never know the whole story now.
That might help explain in part your sibling relationship, Mups?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top