Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 04:59 PM

Re: family secrets

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Very interesting Susan

There are a number of skeletons in my family cupboard but everyone who knew about them has gone so the truth will never be know now.
Quite
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 05:22 PM

We have to accept that our ancestors were all only human. But of course some of the skeleton's in the closet can be creepier than others. They cleaned out the attic of our uncle's parents. He just passed at almost 100 years old so the attic contents had been there for a very long time. Among the lamps and knick knacks...KKK robes <<<shudder>>>
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 07:38 PM

Yes,it's a funny old Life right enough...My ex Husband (whom I divorced 47 Yrs ago))is in hospital and has been diagnosed with inoperable bowel cancer...My 2 Daughters are on facebook and have kept in touch with Cousins from Their Dads side of the Family...It has now come to light through FB that They have at least two half Brothers/Sisters They knew nothing about who now want to meet the Father They never knew....My eldest Daughter 52 has travelled from Kent this morning to take one of Her half Sisters to meet Her Dad in hospital tomorrow.....unfortunately My ex is now suffering with some form of dementia so We don't even know if He'll recognise or remember this Daughter who's 40 yrs old....So many People have been hurt by this Mans actions,yet I can feel nothing but sorrow and pity for Him now.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 08:02 PM

Eek, now more has been added to the mixing pot of our family secret, studying the photos of myself and brothers and sister with my daughter this weekend she says I am like my brother John. So we got out all the baby /family photos and looked at our ears ,eyes etc,then kept looking at the photo of the RAF man . As we know mum admitted an affair with him, he is fair haired and fair skin as John and I are. There is 18 months difference between us ,so when I was 9 months old mum would have been pregnant with John . Other siblings in the family are dark haired and quite heavy set people , yet John and I are fair skinned and reasonably slim. The plot thickens my darling mum, now you've got us all laughing and checking faces , eyes and ears.

I can feel another belly laugh coming on ,oh mum what we're you like , love ya x x
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 09:36 PM

Back in the 60's i use to visit my Aunty and Uncle and their three son's. They were a little older than me. One day they said that they were moving away to another town about 20 miles away and i might not see them for a long time, which i didn't until the 70's when i saw my middle cousin in town, he looked at me and said hello niece? i said i'm not i'm your cousin. He said no i'm your Uncle but never said anymore.. I found out later from my Mother that her Father my Grandad who got married for the third time and was quite an old man, had a child and his older son adopted him as his own.. Well Fancy That!!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 04:15 PM

Oh that is one cupboard that will remain well and truly closed. My brother and I found out some things when we were kids whilst delving through boxes in the attic.

Questions were asked but you know what it was like, shocked looks, told to stay out of the attic and boxes and birth certificates.

Do you know what we cannot have been that bothered as we discussed it a few times but took it no further, my dad who we could have asked is long gone and my brother sadly has now passed.

The secrets our parents kept, shocking.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top