Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 07:07 AM

Scotland

On the BBC News today, it said that tourism from England had dropped by 22% since the Election. That is sad if correct, because we have always found the ordinary Scot to be most welcoming and generous. It's only the venom being spouted by some of their leaders that is causing any friction.

Arthut
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 07:10 AM

Re: Scotland

If I could spell my own name it would help !!!!

Arthur
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 07:27 AM

It's hard to suss out the mood of the ordinary Anglo at the moment.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 07:35 AM

My Sister is going to Scotland on Wednesday for a weeks holiday.
I don't know anyone personally who wouldn't go there.
I don't think the weather can help sometime. I went to
Glasgow and nearby in April. Lovely chat to lots of people
there and didn't feel afraid to walk around.
Could be that people might have found somewhere else to
go or don't have the money nowadays.
I love Scotland but cant get there as often as I would like.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 08:00 AM

No mention of this on My BBC news.....And who exactly are these leaders of Ours 'spouting venom and causing friction'?
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK

14-06-2015, 08:35 AM

This report was on the 8.00am BBC TV News this morning, and also appears in full in todays Express Newspaper, which can be read online.

Arthur
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
This report was on the 8.00am BBC TV News this morning, and also appears in full in todays Express Newspaper, which can be read online.

Arthur
It is a bit early yet to judge isn't it, the holiday season is only just starting.

I know a lot of people who are going to Scotland on holiday 5 of my family are going in July to stay in a cottage near a friend who married a local man and the girl's family are going up at the same time for a big party so that makes 10.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 08:46 AM

Yes I was going to say the same, the season has only just begun really - so time yet ..............
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK

14-06-2015, 08:54 AM

I hope what I posted doesn't make anyone think that I am anti Scottish. I most certainly am not. My wife and I were in Scotland the week before the election. I repeat what I said, that I find the Scottish people most friendly and generous.

Arthur
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 08:54 AM

Oh I've now found the bit in the Express......and the anti-Scottish comments underneath!!...Just another rant against the SNP...boring......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top