Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 10:41 AM

Re: Rolf Harris.

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Couldn't care less about that analogy - he 'knows' full well that is not the case, he has been on this earth long enough.
They are just selfish 'bleeps' and
Ok was just trying to explain why they do what they do, unless we catch them before they offend and that needs understanding the crime, we are condemning next generation to what a lot of young people have already suffered.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Ok was just trying to explain why they do what they do, unless we catch them before they offend and that needs understanding the crime, we are condemning next generation to what a lot of young people have already suffered.
They do what they do because their victims are young and vulnerable and they have more chance of getting away with the crime - simple as that
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 10:57 AM

I just with that the media, in this case newspaper, would stop giving the likes of him he publicity that they feed on. By actually printing the lyrics there will be some sickos who will enjoy them and be vocal with them. It seems to me that although he is in prison, he is still treated as a celebrity. Apparently he assists the art teacher with classes and has painted murals on prison walls. What is that about!!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by AlbertaS ->
I just with that the media, in this case newspaper, would stop giving the likes of him he publicity that they feed on. By actually printing the lyrics there will be some sickos who will enjoy them and be vocal with them. It seems to me that although he is in prison, he is still treated as a celebrity. Apparently he assists the art teacher with classes and has painted murals on prison walls. What is that about!!
I support that AlbertaS; well-said.

There's just far too much put in so-called newspapers that are not in the public interest to know so that argument goes right out the window.

Who really needs to know what a pervert thinks or does anyway or some footballer, celeb or any other person newspapers plaster all over their front pages?!

It's to sell newspapers and this particular loathsome habit should actually be stopped!

It does NOT qualify as freedom of speech in my book either! stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
They do what they do because their victims are young and vulnerable and they have more chance of getting away with the crime - simple as that
If that were the case then I would agree but it isn't. Not all men are attracted to children which is what you seem to suggest, the idea they would if they could get away with it is not enough. We need to understand to stop them.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 11:40 AM

Whilst I utterly condemn any acts that he DID commit, I have some sympathy with the view that when something like this comes to light, "worms" will crawl out of the woodwork to see what they can get out of it.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 11:52 AM

I guess you're right GW but I imagine most will be genuine victims and they will quite rightly be upset by his lyric.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

15-06-2015, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Whilst I utterly condemn any acts that he DID commit, I have some sympathy with the view that when something like this comes to light, "worms" will crawl out of the woodwork to see what they can get out of it.
Yes I can understand that view, whatever he did or didn't do way I see it he is an elderly man now and there should be some limitations on how long crimes take to be processed. We don't want a very elderly population in prison IMO
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If that were the case then I would agree but it isn't. Not all men are attracted to children which is what you seem to suggest, the idea they would if they could get away with it is not enough. We need to understand to stop them.
I'm talking about men that 'are' attracted to children because the child is vulnerable and not likely to tell.
As usual the subject matter is not for me to get 'involved' with
I have very strong views and they will stay strong
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

15-06-2015, 01:10 PM

I am not sure we can differentiate, we don't really know enough about sexual attractions or what causes them IMO, if we did we might be able to set people on a better path through life.

Incidentally I know a few cases where under 15s have been attracted to very young children and sought help from the police or GPs but were turned away as they cannot help (act) until a crime has taken place. That has to be stopped and we need to listen to young people when they start having these feelings.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top