Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

15-06-2015, 05:32 PM

Re: Rolf Harris.

I'm pleased the press are exposing his shamelessness. Sexual offenders are notorious for playing the system thus avoiding serving their full tarriffs via using rehabilitation programs to influence a parole board who are often chaired by the easily fooled. Bearing in mind one of his victims was 7, it is stunning he even has a release date. This man should be in a high category offenders unit, Wakefield perhaps, and he should die there.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 05:40 PM

That can't happen all elderly prisoners are treated with kid gloves as I said earlier we cannot have an elderly prison population for one thing we can't house them safely the other is the cost.

I am not sure what the answer is they have to be punished but ideally it happens nearer the time of the offence so the man is not so elderly.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Steven with a V ->
I'm pleased the press are exposing his shamelessness. Sexual offenders are notorious for playing the system thus avoiding serving their full tarriffs via using rehabilitation programs to influence a parole board who are often chaired by the easily fooled. Bearing in mind one of his victims was 7, it is stunning he even has a release date. This man should be in a high category offenders unit, Wakefield perhaps, and he should die there.
Agree with you
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 06:08 PM

I have to admit that I never thought of Rolf Harris being a creep, but the fact he has no remorse is creepy in itself. Big ego plus big pervert.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

15-06-2015, 06:14 PM

These old men are often life long offenders whose victims are often very young or very vulnerable. Surely their victims are further offended against when they see these men treated with humanity in soft prisons, their ages should be of no relevance when it comes to sentencing. It could be argued they should be treated more harshly as he and others have profited from a live informed by fame and wealth, profiting from not getting caught, often facilitated by star struck law inforcement, whilst many of their victims, ignored by disbelieving authorities, endure lives informed by self harm, addictions, further abuse and at worst, suicide.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Steven with a V ->
These old men are often life long offenders whose victims are often very young or very vulnerable. Surely their victims are further offended against when they see these men treated with humanity in soft prisons, their ages should be of no relevance when it comes to sentencing. It could be argued they should be treated more harshly as he and others have profited from a live informed by fame and wealth, profiting from not getting caught, often facilitated by star struck law inforcement, whilst many of their victims, ignored by disbelieving authorities, endure lives informed by self harm, addictions, further abuse and at worst, suicide.
Yes, I think the fact that he has been able to live a full and privileged life, escaping any punishment for his crimes until now makes me wish he had harsher sentencing.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 06:19 PM

I have to say that although they disgust me, I am more interested in the victims who will live with this for the rest of their lives. They are the ones who need attention and understanding, not the perverts now in jail.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 06:51 PM

Rolfie just can't take his medicine like a man can he, but then he was never much of a man to do the things he did. Now he's showing himself up for what is really is, an unrepentant monster who can't see any harm in what he did so he writes poems and lyrics putting the blame on his victims, sick really sick. The problem with child molesters is they are incurable, and they repeat the offense at every opportunity they get, no child is ever safe from them no matter how much therapy the authorities say they have received.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

15-06-2015, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Rolfie just can't take his medicine like a man can he, but then he was never much of a man to do the things he did. Now he's showing himself up for what is really is, an unrepentant monster who can't see any harm in what he did so he writes poems and lyrics putting the blame on his victims, sick really sick. The problem with child molesters is they are incurable, and they repeat the offense at every opportunity they get, no child is ever safe from them no matter how much therapy the authorities say they have received.
Great post Jem!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top