Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 10:28 PM

Fracking

Has been given the Green light, Belt up and wait and see is the only option.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 11:48 PM

Re: Fracking

Not much choice, is there.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 02:02 AM

we are fighting it vigorously in OZ
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 04:48 AM

The worst feature of it IMO is all the extra fossil fuel that will be burnt...........not good for global warming.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 07:45 AM

Cant believe they are doing it near Blackpool.
Its only miles away to the nuclear power station
up the coast. If a earthquake occurs from it it
could be a disaster just for a bit of money.
We live around here on top of coal mine workings.
We still have movement in the ground. Money wins
all the time.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 08:20 AM

I struggle to see how this can be worse than coal mining, at least it is much deeper and not really any different to oil drilling by all accounts so by and large I'm in favour of it.

What I would say, however, is that shale gas is just another finite resource that when it's gone it's gone, and therefore more reliable, long term, non consumable energy sources will have to be developed if humanity is to continue to increase and develop at it has.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 08:38 AM

I have an open mind about fracking. However the fact remains that if we had had all the protesters and do gooders in the past, there would never have been an Industrial Revolution, No Coal Mining, No real Road System and certainly No Railways, I wonder what people like Isambard Kingdom Brunel would have made of it.

Arthur
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 08:43 AM

I think we need a fair trial of fracking, if only to reduce our reliance on imported fuels for the short term. I'm not desperately keen on the idea but agree with Alan that it seems on a par with mining, and we wouldn't be where we are now had we not mined in the past

Longer term we should be looking for energy independence by other means such as renewables, particularly tidal energy, and by more work on cutting edge scientific solutions
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 08:44 AM

If they want to frack in our back garden they are welcome. we need fuel it's no good being fussy about how we get it now, we have to have a conversation eventually about what we really are going to do long term but for the short term just do it.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 09:05 AM

Better to be self-supporting than waiting for Putin to switch our lights off. Imaging the dreadful worst scenario , in the middle of Corrie.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top