Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 10:31 PM

Re: I find this intriguing

The thing that I question was how on earth she pulled it off. There are a zillion Italian American women in the tri-state who look like her. I don't know how anyone saw Black. I think she saw a job opportunity and conned her way into it, simple as that.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 10:54 PM

The word - Deranged - comes to mind.

Arthur
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2015, 12:35 PM

Well she certainly appears to have opened a can of worms. All sorts of allegations against her parents now and a brother who has been charged with abuse? Looks like mud slinging in all directions and I guess it will be hard to find out the truth behind this all.
I sense a film director may be interested when the dust has settled.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2015, 01:52 PM

I think, if she has such difficulty in accepting herself for what she is, she has some kind of mental illness.
gentlydoesit
New Member!
uk
gentlydoesit is male 

17-06-2015, 04:36 PM

Wonder if Ali G will take her place on the NAACP
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

17-06-2015, 06:58 PM

I've found watching the woman's public humiliation uncomfortable and feel for her. Considering she was the Spokane President of NAACP it would give some balance if we could learn what good she achieved for the civil rights movent, perhaps this outways her dishonesty. I think it is possible to culturally identify with another culture, she was a tad misguided with the "minstrel" routine.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2015, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Steven with a V ->
I've found watching the woman's public humiliation uncomfortable and feel for her. Considering she was the Spokane President of NAACP it would give some balance if we could learn what good she achieved for the civil rights movent, perhaps this outways her dishonesty. I think it is possible to culturally identify with another culture, she was a tad misguided with the "minstrel" routine.
Undoubtedly it is possible to culturally identify with another culture, but that doesn't involve saying that your father is the black man in the picture when he isn't your father. And being dishonest about other things as well.

But I agree that it would be nice to hear that she has achieved something good for the NAACP.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2015, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It reminds me of that famous native American guy that turned out to be white and English I think. I'll have to Google him, I think he was called White Eagle or something. It's an attention seeking thing I think and a bit romanticism.
Had he got a beard Twiz? Maybe it was Buffalo Bill.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

17-06-2015, 07:42 PM

I agree, her behaviour regarding her alleged father must have been disturbing for her real father. However if my daughter was to dig herself into such a hole I don't think I could or would join in with the very public humiliation of her. I hope she survives it all with at least a soupcon of dignity, she appears to be strong and feisty.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2015, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Julie, I can certainly see that and it all makes perfect sense. But I don't think it reflects this woman's actions. She previously, as a young adult, sued (unsuccessfully) her university for discriminating against her BECAUSE SHE WAS WHITE. Then later in life she opted to portray herself as black.I suspect she has merely used her 'ethnicity' when she expected to gain in some way from it. To my knowledge there has been no indication that when she was growing up was when the problem started, although of course it may play a part.

And I don't think we can know if her parents failed to deal with having a multiracial family as you suggest.
I think we can see they have failed at something looking at the mess that surrounds all this, it takes a very harsh parent to out their daughter like they have whatever she did.

Originally Posted by Steven with a V ->
I agree.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top