Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 07:57 AM

Re: David Cameron on Extremism

Originally Posted by Losos ->
So why don't they make it clear that they hate extremism by writing to the media to make it clear.

I have never ever seen a letter in our local paper from a Muslim condeming the acts of violence which is now almost an every day occurance. The silence is deafening.

Occasionaly Sky & BBC manage to find some Muslim academic who begins by agreeeing that violence is not the answer but often goes on to spout a load of meaningless words about background, fear, ignorance, familly pressure etc.

Not acceptable, as others have said above where killing and terrorism are concerned you're either for it or agin it
They are probably too concerned for their families safety to stand up and renounce extremism. Would you put your family at risk Losos?

The long arm of Isis and terrorism stretches far beyond the middle east, and I believe it's cancerous tentacles are here in our towns and cities. If anything, we underestimate it's influence.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
They are probably too concerned for their families safety to stand up and renounce extremism. Would you put your family at risk Losos?

The long arm of Isis and terrorism stretches far beyond the middle east, and I believe it's cancerous tentacles are here in our towns and cities. If anything, we underestimate it's influence.
Good point. And sadly, I think your second paragraph is all too true.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Very true and no I will be honest and say I would think twice before putting my family at risk.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Very true and no I will be honest and say I would think twice before putting my family at risk.
I've noticed some do though
Wish I had caught all of the item on the radio but the gist was a huge gathering - akin to Glastonbury - of mainly young Muslims - during this - they were told in no uncertain terms of the dangers of the internet and the recruiting that goes on and that they have more freedom here ...............................

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top