Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2015, 07:03 PM

Re: Another baby killed by a dog

So sad and so true.

I have a lovely staff and he wouldn't know how to bite a human but nevertheless I would NEVER leave him alone with a baby or for that matter anywhere near a baby or toddler. But I wouldn't leave any dog alone with a baby because as Meg says babies sound too much like squeaky toys.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
TBH I think comes down to how common they are we haven't seen a patterdale in many years whereas we see staffies daily, a few staffies we know are lovely but in the main here they are owned by rather rough people who train them to fight and really don't care whether the dog is happy or not.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2015, 10:54 PM

Re: Another baby killed by a dog

[QUOTE=Baxter8;669088]So sad and so true.

I have a lovely staff and he wouldn't know how to bite a human but nevertheless I would NEVER leave him alone with a baby or for that matter anywhere near a baby or toddler. But I wouldn't leave any dog alone with a baby because as Meg says babies sound too much like squeaky toys.[/QUOTE]

This is true, plus with their incredible noses, we don't know how they interpret the smell of babies, with nappies, food on bibs etc.
In the past, I also noticed that bitches who had reared a litter react differently to certain noises than ones that hadn't reared their own.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top