Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 09:53 AM

Re: Everything Classic, Cars, Buses, Trams etc.

http://www.over50sforum.com/images/a...?dl=1446367960

Motorcycles that my Husband works on, from Greeves.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->

My husband say's that they made Trials Bikes and 250 Race Bikes long ago.. He said his friend had one and they use to ride it round an Orchard when they were young
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Ooo its lovely Susie
Hope we see some more examples of older things
My "Older Thing" can be found on my profile page.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 05:36 PM

Are you talking about yourself Ez!!!!

Sue, your husband is correct, they are Trial Bikes. You can look on the website on: Greeves Motorcycles.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->

Hi Susie
I remember the Greeves, basic but well made. They used the 197cc and then the 250cc Villers Two Stroke engine along with Panther and the Ambassador. The Panther was rubbish, yes I had two, stands folded in first week, chains stretched , rear sockets wore out, the back wheel fell too bits and daft swinging arm front suspension gave the bike a wobble. Add to that the Villers engine which was smooth and had a fantastic induction, exhaust noise and blew out clouds of smoke slowed down slower and slower on full throttle. Then to cap it Villers produced a 325cc engine, Panther fitted it in a new sports model with a Siamese exhaust. Out-come it was slower that the 250cc due to the exhaust !!!
So that has bored you to tears.
I have had a few classics, used a old Sunbeam Alpine two seater for many years, but best restoration was the Triumph Stags. Alas past it all now, except for my baby. May put pictures on later.
Sorry I did not notice make and model of your car, in my early driving days Austin Sevens were scrap value, a runner could be purchased for a fiver.
Well done your husband, what next a E-Type ?

Noticed a nice Bond Mini car for sale this week, thought that will do Pumistone, what does he want a Jag for
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 08:31 PM

Don't remember any of the 2 stroke Panthers having either leading link or trailing link front forks but this page says the early ones did have Earles leading link forks, don't think they made many. http://www.pantherownersclub.com/Pan.../p-m-2slw.html
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Don't remember any of the 2 stroke Panthers having either leading link or trailing link front forks but this page says the early ones did have Earles leading link forks, don't think they made many. http://www.pantherownersclub.com/Pan.../p-m-2slw.html
Yes that is the thing. They made them in Maroon 250cc and a Eggshell Blue 250 Sport and the 325 cc, which may have been red. All rubbish.
The Ambassador and Greeves with same engine were good bikes, except the Greeves was no bird puller.
Had about 11 bikes about that time.

Then one of these, that did pull the birds

And one of these, that pulled more birds

And one of these, that pulled more birds

Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 08:48 PM

My 1983 Bedford CF250 Campervan, made in Luton!
[IMG]
[/IMG]
dukeofearl
south coast uk

02-11-2015, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
My 1983 Bedford CF250 Campervan, made in Luton!
[IMG]
[/IMG]
I love converted ice-cream vans , two Jags

Naa it looks nice, did you restore it , tell all.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

02-11-2015, 09:00 PM

Didn't need restoring only done 35 000 miles.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top