Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 12:26 PM

Re: 'Nasty party bullying

I think most people did at the time, it's never right to bully and intimidate but I think the guns on the roof just about trumped the eggs on the ground on that day.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think most people did at the time, it's never right to bully and intimidate but I think the guns on the roof just about trumped the eggs on the ground on that day.
We don't know what information the police were acting on. Unfortunately guns on roofs is something we will maybe have to get accustomed to.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 01:22 PM

I hate the word BULLY, because to me it was just a naughty child who wanted all his own way. I don't ever recall a bully being an adult and I wonder if this indicates that people are less able to stand up for themselves in today's world... or maybe expect the police to do so. If somebody commits an illegal offence then I am sure the police will treat it as a crime but, if it is just name calling and harassment surely we should be able to deal with it ourselves... or is the human race becoming a bunch of wimps?
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Apart from most employers, that is.
You accept that there are bullies in unions then.? I did say all was of life.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I hate the word BULLY, because to me it was just a naughty child who wanted all his own way. I don't ever recall a bully being an adult and I wonder if this indicates that people are less able to stand up for themselves in today's world... or maybe expect the police to do so. If somebody commits an illegal offence then I am sure the police will treat it as a crime but, if it is just name calling and harassment surely we should be able to deal with it ourselves... or is the human race becoming a bunch of wimps?
Try when you really really need your job standing up to your employer bullying you, it's not easy if you cannot afford to lose your job.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

20-11-2015, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
You accept that there are bullies in unions then.? I did say all was of life.
There are of course bullies everywhere but I would suggest employers and people with a little power are worse than unions, in general unions won't take your work and money away from you.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 02:11 PM

Try when you really really need your job standing up to your employer bullying you, it's not easy if you cannot afford to lose your job.
Surely that is what I was saying! If your employer is asking you to do more than your job description says, they are breaking the rules of your contact of employment ( which everyone is entitled to have), but if you are doing the job and they criticize what you have done, then you have either done it wrong or you can ask them to explain what they mean.( if you lose your job because you have asked a reasonable question then you need to make enquiries about pursuing an unfair dismissal claim) Employment laws were fought for, by unions, to ensure employees were treated fairly, so if you weren't you should seek their help.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

20-11-2015, 02:29 PM

I didn't have either of those scenarios I had a screaming woman yelling at me daily no criticism of my work just yelling because she wanted to. She is doing the same to another employee at the moment her work is fine her time keeping fine, but that isn't stopping the abuse. Bullies don't need reasons to bully.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 02:42 PM

To go to a tribunal now costs a substantial amount of money, £1200 I think, not everyone has that to hand. Also not everyone knows their rights, this is where the unions do come in handy. I have lost count of the number of times that I have been asked to ring the union on behalf of someone else and they always get the same answer from me, "If you want their help, join up and pay your dues"!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

20-11-2015, 02:43 PM

I didn't have either of those scenarios I had a screaming woman yelling at me daily no criticism of my work just yelling because she wanted to. She is doing the same to another employee at the moment her work is fine her time keeping fine, but that isn't stopping the abuse. Bullies don't need reasons to bully.
If this screaming woman owns the company you work for then your only option is to seek another job, but if she doesn't then I suggest that you and the other lady write to the owner and explain that this woman's screaming is causing problems and she is not explaining why she is screaming at you, or maybe politely ask her the reason for her screaming.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top