Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 02:51 PM

Re: 'Nasty party bullying

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
To go to a tribunal now costs a substantial amount of money, £1200 I think, not everyone has that to hand. Also not everyone knows their rights, this is where the unions do come in handy. I have lost count of the number of times that I have been asked to ring the union on behalf of someone else and they always get the same answer from me, "If you want their help, join up and pay your dues"!
Well is that unreasonable? Somebody has to pay the union officials salary and they are working for the employees. The payments are usually only a few pounds a month and they do mean you have somebody to fight your cause when trouble occurs. Most people pay home or car insurance but hope they never have to claim.. but it is there if they do!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If this screaming woman owns the company you work for then your only option is to seek another job, but if she doesn't then I suggest that you and the other lady write to the owner and explain that this woman's screaming is causing problems and she is not explaining why she is screaming at you, or maybe politely ask her the reason for her screaming.
I don't want to make this about me again I had a lot of support from members when I was going through it. She does own the company it's a family run company and apart from the bully I love my job. So leaving is not going to happen.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well is that unreasonable? Somebody has to pay the union officials salary and they are working for the employees. The payments are usually only a few pounds a month and they do mean you have somebody to fight your cause when trouble occurs. Most people pay home or car insurance but hope they never have to claim.. but it is there if they do!
A lot of us don't work it situations where unions cover us, and earning £4 an hour many employees cannot afford to join them, even on £6.50 it is a stretch to ask people to join unions IMO.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't want to make this about me again I had a lot of support from members when I was going through it. She does own the company it's a family run company and apart from the bully I love my job. So leaving is not going to happen.

A lot of us don't work it situations where unions cover us, and earning £4 an hour many employees cannot afford to join them, even on £6.50 it is a stretch to ask people to join unions IMO.
Well there are no closed shops anymore and union membership is not compulsory, but I was suggesting that, for all those who wished to avoid "Bullying", at work, a unions knowledge of employment law is a great help. Over my working life , since 1970, I have paid between £3 and £8.50 a month in union fees, so a relatively small percentage of my salary and , although I hardy ever needed my unions help, if I went back in time I would pay it all again because I saw the help that they gave to many people in my area. Over the years most people have spent more than £2 a week on cigarettes and drink and I just saw my union fees as being a better investment.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 04:04 PM

I work with people who can't afford the cigs alcohol or union fees. We use CAB for help and ACAS will also offer advice. Mind the language barrier for some is a huge problem and why I always say people must learn English when they come into the country.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top